Am I wrong to feel offended by...

Am I wrong in feeling offended that a task I've been performing for over a year has now been assigned to someone else, with someone other than myself supervising them?

Said supervisor hasn't consulted me and has disregarded my documentation / process.

Feels like a massive FU to me.

My work colleague tells me not to take it personally.

I'm growing tired of people spouting things like...

"Don't take it personally", "You're not the only one this affects", "I don't understand your problem", etc.

Management at work do my head in.

• I’m not laughing today. I'm sorry, I didn’t get it before, but I do now. I might be autistic but I’m not stupid and when people talk straight to me, I get it. I get it, I’m not welcome here. I’m sorry, I apologise and I’ll take your advice and leave. 

I’ll copy what I wrote to somebody else, with the same message 

Don’t worry, you all might just get lucky. I’ve just come through one suicidal episode, maybe not being accepted, even in the autism community, might just be the trigger that makes me successful. Keep your fingers crossed that something upsets me today and you might hit jack pot ~ blueray, the self obsessed, clearly severely autistic but unconditionally loving autistic person has finally departed this earth plane, then you can all say, thank god.

I get the message, thank you for spelling it out for me, I really do appreciate that, I really am autistic so I honestly don’t pick up on this ***, but you spelled it out loud and clear and I’m autistic but not sTupi d, I can understand I’M NOT WELCOME! I get it Pray tone3 Thank you 

• Don’t worry, you all might just get lucky. I’ve just come through one suicidal episode, maybe not being accepted, even in the autism community, might just be the trigger that makes me successful. Keep your fingers crossed that something upsets me today and you might hit jack pot ~ blueray, the self obsessed, clearly severely autistic but unconditionally loving autistic person has finally departed this earth plane, then you can all say, thank god.

I get the message, thank you for spelling it out for me, I really do appreciate that, I really am autistic so I honestly don’t pick up on this ***, but you spelled it out loud and clear and I’m autistic but not sTupi d, I can understand I’M NOT WELCOME! I get it Pray tone3 Thank you 

• That’s ok, it isn’t the first time and the moderators are always very supportive with me, they understand that I’m autistic and they do what they can to support me. And maybe I  am the only autistic person here. 

• I think that if I'd been performing a task for over a year without any issues, I'd be due an explanation if I was suddenly taken off the job and replaced by someone else.  So yes, it's perfectly reasonable (as I see it) for you to feel upset.  Have you spoken to the supervisor about the issue?  He or she really should have discussed it with you first - especially if it's meant a demotion, or a reduced chance of extra income.

I firmly believe that if someone is doing something wrong, or not to the satisfaction of their colleagues/superiors, and no one tells them... then how are they to know?  Surely, it's only reasonable to speak to the person and set them on the right course - or at least to discuss the issue properly.  But people don't tend to do this - especially in the workplace.  Instead, people get in their little huddles and gossip about the person.  It's very harmful - to all concerned.

An example.  I made a comment in the canteen yesterday about 'Ooh... mushy broccoli!'  Now, I actually like mushy broccoli.  But a colleague heard it and was good enough to come up to me later and say 'You need to be careful about making such comments where catering staff will be likely to hear them, because it's caused trouble before.'  I explained that I actually didn't mean it in a derogatory sense.  But I could see his point, and how the comment might be taken the wrong way, so I was grateful to him for pointing this out.  Otherwise, I might have gone  on making comments about 'mushy broccoli' and found myself in trouble!

• Sometimes people have their head stuck up their bottom so far they just spout rubbish and not realise it.

And I agree enirely with your remark.  There seems to be a belief that offending people is ok because of autism. And being selfish, spouting absolute tripe, taking over posts, replying even though there is nothing to say that adds anything except controversy.  

And then the absolute arrogance of the reply.  Perhaps that poster should learn that her comments are not always welcome and not just excuse herself as being autistic.

•  Don't take that drastic action unless you need to.

This thread has gone toxic due to a couple of posts but there's still support here.

If possible just get this thread locked/deleted and reach out directly to anyone who has been helpful.

Maximum spoons, people...

• Can you please take it round the back of the local Wetherspoons then please.  Also, surely moderators would not be needed if we were able to regulate and moderate our own behaviour.

Ellie

(Currently using the forum having recently gone through her autism assessment and awaiting the response and needing the support. Also having fled an abusive relationship and awaiting a police decision to charge and needing folk here as rather isolated her. The forum is very important to her at present....

Understandably the degree of aggression I am finding both unsettling and upsetting.)

Bye 

• This has now reached a point where this forum is unhealthy for me.

I will therefore be deactivating my account.

• I can’t sit back and watch a gang of bully’s take it out on one person. I Always stand up to gangs of bullying folk. i

• This Place Is Wide Open to trolls and abuse. 

1. The mods seem clueless to that fact 
  • Yes - I guess. 32.. ? 

Dint worry - all people born after 1980 are the PC brigade. Responsible partly for the modern collapse of the UK 

• The community is fake and full of nasty stuff 

it’s designed to get you all arguing. 

• Blueray - without doubt is the most aware autistic about autism I’ve ever known. 

She has found herself - most humans never do. 

If you wanna be happy - listen to her. 

She has got pure soul and spirit bursting from her heart. 

Whether or not she annoys you - that is Your problem not hers. 

You’d do well not to gang up on a loving autistic being. 

• Pack it in boys. Please... if this is how this community is going it is going to lose people who seriously rely on support here

• Oh great another troll.

Do me a favour and stop before you start.

• You’re obviously a Snow Flake? Are you under 38 treats old?

• I’ve read that book - don’t rate it all or him 

Much better stuff written by Auts

• I'm not taking sides but surely we are better people than this and must be mindful that the purpose of the forum is to have a place that we feel secure to raise concerns, worries, seek support and be part of a network and feel less marginalised.

We have been here before, where it all becomes very Lord of the Flies.  Its ugly.  

Surely if you do not agree with someone's post, you are not duty bound to reply.  Also bear in mind that although there can be great synergy of experience on the forum our views are often very subjective.... but please do not resort to verbal abuse.  Question that viewpoint, find out how it was arrived at, or chose to ignore it.

Ellie and her female genitalia signing off.

• Maybe a violent door?? Ffs