Anger issues with autism

Hello everybody 

I have autism and I get angry a lot does anyone else experience getting angry a lot for no good reason. 

Feed back would be good 

Thanks 

• hi and yeah i get angry all the time especially at inanimate objects.. literally 20mins ago i got a glass of juice carried it living room set it down on side table flopped on settee then knocked juice on floor.... result opened door and threw glass outside to smash reason god knows

• Hi there,

You say for no good reason... but if you sit down and think about it, it could well be something quite small that's triggering you each time.  I get unconscionable degrees of anger through the simplest of things.  Often if it's about being clumsy or foolish. It especially happens if I do something that, whilst small, can delay my rhythm in some way.  If I'm at the bottom of the stairs hoovering and I pull the cleaner a bit too hard so that the plug comes out at the top of the stairs and I have to go up and plug it in again... that'll get me shouting with rage.  Or dropping a buttered knife on the floor.  Nothing very much, but is sends my anger right up the scale.  Running into a traffic jam that'll delay me even by as little as a couple of minutes - and even though it won't make me late, anyway.  Getting lost when driving is the worst.  That can really bring out the rage.

They seem like minor inconveniences a lot of the time.  But to me, they're a very big deal.

• I knocked a glass of wine over the other week.  Wasn't much left in it, but it went over a side table and necessitated a clean up that didn't take long... but I was almost screaming with rage.  No damage done at all - except to my blood pressure.

• i actually feel like its done it on purpose like a glass has a mind of its own stupid but well ya know

• im exactly the same tom

• Could it be to do with flexibilty/rigidity of thought and how your expectations and reality of the event differ?

• I used to and I can still have an initial tendency to react to some situations with anger. But I have found ways to look into it, when I do experience it, and from that, I have been able to eliminate the experience of it. So now, if I experience anger, I am alerted to it immediately, as it is rare now, so it stands out. And I can eliminate it immediately with the techniques that I’ve built up. 

• Hahaha I’m like that! Lol! I can even get angry at automated text messages! Lol! I can laugh about it now I though and I’m able to mitigate the anger. 

• I used to have it a lot, especially when I was being bullied at work and had a couple of months of with depression before finally quitting the role, but I'm a lot calmer these days, especially with my medication - are you on any?

• i hate text abbreviations like cul8r does my head in a friend keeps texting dat instead of that arrrggghhhh