Did anything good happen today? September 2018

Did something good happen today?

Please share it with us no matter how big or small it may be. 

Sometimes reading about your good things will help someone who is feeling bad and sometimes when you are feeling bad it might help to remember that a few days ago something good happened.

• My day was pretty pedestrian and nothing outstanding.  Just a slow steady improvement in my mental health.

It was warm and humid. 

So I firstly did some housework.  I used some of the advice I learnt from my last job. I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom floors using dilute dettol.  This has a nice clean smell.  And the dettol I used was out of date.  So instead of throwing it out, I used it to clean floors.

Then I travelled by bus and walked through a 1920/30s sprawling council estate.  This kind of area used to creep me out completely 10 or 20 years ago.  But now I was relaxed and stress free.  The adults in these places belong at  the bottom of the social economic strata.  And the kids are ferel.  But it doesn't bother me any more.  One incident, a man acousted me and tried to sell me some 'high quality'  male perfume.  I managed to give a firm and polite no.  Without feeling guilty or getting upset.

Then I visited a neighboring multi racial shopping district.  Very colourful and lively.  I found everything I was looking for.  In one shop I bought out of date biscuits.  The cashier noticed and reduced the price by half.  Immigration has improved this area.  It's still deprived but. Much more full of life.  And the only distressing scene was a large group of drunks totally intoxicated sitting in the street.

• Hi song,,,well I celebrated my birthday last week, it was a very good time, at work they all made a big effort to wish me well, 

I received some fantastic presents from my wife, they were very much what I wanted,

so I got through another year, now 56,,, going on 90 Lol.

I have a rather strange theory regarding birthdays, I think it is more about the mother than the child, but it should be a joint celebration, my mum went through many months of carrying me and then a lot of years looking after me, only this year I realised just how protective of me she was. She passed away a good few years ago now, but I never stop thinking about her and what a kind and beautiful women she was, I think now she was on the spectrum, I am proud to be just like my mum, she taught me to be kind and to accept everyone regardless.

Oh and Alice you sound like you are doing well, long may the sun shine on you, and well done for finding that motivation. I am a hoarder too. 

Take care all. ()

• Alice that is all brilliant, very well done. Don't forget to label the stuff you freeze. Assessment for me allowed me to drop some of my mask its a great help.

• Sun is shining!! I actually feel motivated to do a bit of housework and get rid of some of the stuff I’ve hoarded. Also am working on sorting out what’s left of my life. Cooking proper meals and freezing spare portions. I do feel like I am going forwards now. For those of you planning to be assessed, I have found it strangely liberating, but a bit of a roller coaster to be honest. Well worth doing in my experience. 

• Someone please there must be something good happening some where.

• September is looking a little grim isn't it?

• Which is more likely?

a) our cognitive deficiencies predilect us towards conspiracies that aren't there 

or

b) in a world where our supposed betters couldn't find their way out of a paper bag (climate change / ethnic violence / societal disintegration / Brexit), someone has, for reasons unknown, decided to victimise a minority of us, seemingly indefinitely, yet for little obvious gain?

• First time in months, I visited cemeteries to pay my respects to both my parents, my uncle, several of my close neighbors from my childhood and a few other people.  

This may sound gory to some people.  But it is a very peaceful serene use of my time.

• Some people are very big about Keeping in touch with family members.  I'm not one of them.

• Is it a really stupid question if I ask why?

I'm not in touch with my brother and don't feel the need. There are only two family members I see and that is challenging enough.

Just puzzles me a bit.

• A few months ago I wrote about the 'Free little libraries' springing up. Where you can borrow or take a book or contribute your own books to it. 

I finally made use of it.  And took a book titled, 'Managing Anxiety with CBT'.

• (This is me, "not chatting", as always...) To Mr. LoneWarrior, Thank You and do not worry about me... Everyone here should look out most of all for everyone else here, really.  (I shall say something, in that I do not Post a lot (lately) when the topics are about Work or Children or Politics.) Like a lot of folk, it seems I am easing off from here lately, but still read anyway... nothing else to write just now, really. Good Fortune to Yourself as Always.  :-) 

• Greetings from a person posting less lately, sorry... and this Thread is not that busy which is more of a pity?

Nothing to do with Autism, but... A Good Thing for myself was that I discovered a few days ago, upon the WWW,, a matter which finally explains most frustrations in my entire life, and that it is a Real Thing and that I am not alone in being subjected to it. The Name of the matter ends with "Stalking" and begins with "Organised"... But I am not discussing the Matter here since it is very very much NOT a good thing. But as I say, I was greatly relieved to discover it as a real thing happening to myself anyway. 'Bye for now, all.

• ...and a family afternoon blackberrying means blackberry and apple crumble for dessert. 

• My DIY WiFi card is working in the new PC I've built.

• There is a good there, you had a tooth that was causing a lot of pain felt with, that is good, no more pain from that one. Relaxed

• Well the postman brought an NHS e-referral service letter so I can book an appointment for assessment.

Greets from Me again. This is going to seem like a daft question, but...What is this, exactly? The Postman... brought you a letter giving an E-Mail Address... so that you could book (via EMail?) an appointment... is that what it means? I ask because I worry, if it ever happens to myself about anything... since I have no EMail, and to gain my diagnosis via appointment it was all done in person --- no EMailing. (I may be showing my own Social Ignorance here, but I was just wondering.)

...Better things I write here are that there are a lot of Threads about "What to do during assessment" already existing, including one by yourself. If you recall that/those, then do recheck them and/or keep them in mind. (Do not Mask, I once said.) Apart from all of that, then I also offer Good Fortune to your good self about all of that again, Miss Elephant. Good Luck, certainly.

• Well these aren't 'good.' Two course got cancelled recently and I am just relieved, as one would have been today and I am not feeling too clever, the other would have been early starts for just 60 minutes, and I have never done well with early starts. My old school wanted to give me a full-time timetable till next January, but I am already too full on Monday and Wednesday: what was good is that I found out my contract was not renewed due to new restrictions on (very) part-time workers, not because of any complaints.

I had to urgently have a tooth pulled, when it started to hurt whilst still on holiday - it was agony. Just glad it all got done quickly, after visiting a 24-hour dental practice in the city.