Mods Please Make the Spam Stop

It would be nice to feel like someone was watching out for us to keep everyone safe. Please make it go away, it's a layer of confusion and the worst side of NT ness that we don't need. :(

Parents Reply Children
  • ...You are so totally AWESOME! Good Fortune To You! I have started a New "Reporting SPAM" Thread, since Miss Spotty is not so much here anymore. I hope that that was okay. I explain My reasons below and upon the new Thread.

...But for totally unrelated reasons, I might have to sign off soon. & We are not supposed to see this as calmly as we seem to be doing, though...?

• I'm going to have a bit of fun with my Spanish while they are up.

• To Ayashe-Mod...

2 -July - 2019.

NEW SPAM.

SORT IT OUT.

(...And the Hacker and Fake UpVotes I mentioned elsewhre while You are at it, Thanks.)

• Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are currently in the process of removing these post from the community and we have contacted the user to remind them of our rules.

Ayshe Mod

• I hope others are reporting these surveys as abusive since they are an abuse of rules. 

The links may or may not be genuine, but the multi postings are a sign that someone cares not a jot about rules, so the poster should be moderated. 

• (Cassandro, or anyone else reading - may we invent a new "keyword" for this sort of thing. They are maybe not a BOT, but they post like one and do not start their own Thread. This was partly discussed elsewhere, though I am posting here.)

• Sorry I cannot recall ALL of the Threads for ALL of the problems... but NAS there is right now this going on:

NAS38247
    PERSONIFICATION RESEARCH PROJECT

There are too many different Threads to list all of them...

• According to Cassandro, there was another one here today? THANK YOU TO NAS...for locking them.

...I really hate to post this next "nitpicking", honestly I do... however...

NAS, when you see or are alerted to SPAM, then, as you LOCK the Thread, then please Post that you are doing so, please. We (Me, at least), can only see the Title and whomever LAST reponded to that Thread... and if when the last Post is by a MODERATOR, then we (Me, at least) know that this Thread holds some sort of significance... sort of.

Thank You for your vigilance in all cases. (I cannot say more than that, really.)

• I do notice that they tend to appear overnight, or around 5am.

This is true, Yes Indeed. And Friday Nights, Saturdays, and Holidays (e.g. Bank Holidays). All of those times. These are all popular times for SPAMMING, throughout the year.

NAS, Please pay attention to all of this, still, Thanks...

• I think the spam obviously advertising bogus qualifications and pharmaceuticals has been deleted by .  In any case, I can't see it in the list any more. However, the Copybot threads keep coming (today's here).

helpfully locked one, but there are still four outstanding, all linked to above.  Please could they be locked too? As I mentioned on the 'chat bot' thread, they may be from sleeper accounts that will be used to spam links later, or may be attempts to 'poison' anti-spam data used beyond this forum. Whatever, they don't encourage trust on this forum. This might help understand the automated spam detection, but manual detection is more complicated. I do notice that they tend to appear overnight, or around 5am.

• Today, the "I am a new member and I need help from everyone." Thread has been dealt with... but the other copycatting Threads mentioned here before, and the Users Cassandro mentioned... they are still there and are still open. And that first one from today copied from one of those?

Please block/delete/erase all such things, or else I think that they would happen again...

That is exactly what happened, unless I am mistaken. NAS, Deal with all of them, Thank You.

• Greetings to all. I might have begun this Post by not knowing what was being talked about "for this morning"... but I saw that the latest Threads in question were removed from the "recent posts" section, but not down in the history. It used to be that they were blocked, locked, or deleted completely, but... well, they and the Users are still there, and the Threads are still intact and can even be replied to...

My main reason for writing is Thanks, of course, for dealing with this latest attack, but also to say that the Threads to which I last posted address - and which Cassandro also mentioned - are still there. They are "copycatting" older Threads.

Please block/delete/erase all such things, or else I think that they would happen again...? At the very least, please modify/erase what is posted at the START. This should prevent anyone (new) from replying to such malicious things...?