Mods Please Make the Spam Stop

It would be nice to feel like someone was watching out for us to keep everyone safe. Please make it go away, it's a layer of confusion and the worst side of NT ness that we don't need. :(

Parents
  • The SPAM has started breeding again this morning.

• Hi All,

Many thanks for bringing this problem to our attention. 

Just to let you know, all the spam posts should all now have been removed and appropriate action has been taken with the relevant users.

Kind regards,

Kerri-Mod

• Today, the "I am a new member and I need help from everyone." Thread has been dealt with... but the other copycatting Threads mentioned here before, and the Users Cassandro mentioned... they are still there and are still open. And that first one from today copied from one of those?

Please block/delete/erase all such things, or else I think that they would happen again...

That is exactly what happened, unless I am mistaken. NAS, Deal with all of them, Thank You.

• I do notice that they tend to appear overnight, or around 5am.

This is true, Yes Indeed. And Friday Nights, Saturdays, and Holidays (e.g. Bank Holidays). All of those times. These are all popular times for SPAMMING, throughout the year.

NAS, Please pay attention to all of this, still, Thanks...

• I think the spam obviously advertising bogus qualifications and pharmaceuticals has been deleted by .  In any case, I can't see it in the list any more. However, the Copybot threads keep coming (today's here).

helpfully locked one, but there are still four outstanding, all linked to above.  Please could they be locked too? As I mentioned on the 'chat bot' thread, they may be from sleeper accounts that will be used to spam links later, or may be attempts to 'poison' anti-spam data used beyond this forum. Whatever, they don't encourage trust on this forum. This might help understand the automated spam detection, but manual detection is more complicated. I do notice that they tend to appear overnight, or around 5am.

• I think the spam obviously advertising bogus qualifications and pharmaceuticals has been deleted by .  In any case, I can't see it in the list any more. However, the Copybot threads keep coming (today's here).

helpfully locked one, but there are still four outstanding, all linked to above.  Please could they be locked too? As I mentioned on the 'chat bot' thread, they may be from sleeper accounts that will be used to spam links later, or may be attempts to 'poison' anti-spam data used beyond this forum. Whatever, they don't encourage trust on this forum. This might help understand the automated spam detection, but manual detection is more complicated. I do notice that they tend to appear overnight, or around 5am.

Children