• RE: Hello - Asperger's diagnosis/school advice needed

Hi everyone

Long time no see.  I have an update for you, and it's possibly the longest post you'll ever read, so here goes.  It's not pretty.

I've been a member here for a while but were blocked in every way from getting Dan help in Yorkshire…

• RE: Perfectionism

Hi there! I read your post by accident althhough I'm on this website to learn how to help my child, but I couldnt pass your story, as it's so much like my own Slight smile

im about 20 years older than you, I'm guessing. I got my first ever B in 9th grade…

• Social Media / Self Obsessed World

It feels a bit ironic that i'm about to post about my hatred for social media yet here i am taking advantage of one such platform to get my view across. However, please hear me out and do tell me if you feel the same.

I believe that the key component…

• RE: looking for a ray of hope

By the sounds of it you really, really, need to think about your own health here, & the health of your child.

Your will undoubtedly be picking up on the behaviour he is seeing in the house, & it will affect his future relationships etc. 

As for…

• Who else likes scooters? + About my desire for swimming pools.

A two-in-one subject, not about gaming but real life.

First to discuss is scooters. I don't mean engine-based ones or actual traffic bikes like Domino's Pizza guys ride on, but physical ones (possibly from Halfords) that you have one foot on and the…

• RE: Creative Writing

Here's one of my short stories which, I think, reveals another, more empathetic side to me.  It was very popular for a time.  Many identified with the subject matter.

LAST THINGS

He could see the path from the caravan window, where it led up the cliff…

• A Clash of Cultures: Why NTs and Autistic People Sometimes Have Difficulty Socializing

Alright people, my current special interest is learning how NTs think because I was recently diagnosed and I want to understand how I'm different.  Here we go with my revelation infodump of the day.  Ahhh!  I'm so excited to share it! 

Initial Co…

• Self Identification, Public Perceptions - some thoughts based on experiences and observations

I don’t post very much in the National Autistic Society Forums (Fora?). I’m sharing some experiences and activities here for whatever value it may offer, and any comments/discussion it might generate. Just to be clear, I’m not seeking personal support…

• Friendship. How it works, how to get some, how to keep them.

I've spent over thirty years practicing the art of friendship, and since some of you complain that you have insufficient friends, I will try and share what I know.

I'll do it in my own style, (which isn't for everyone) but the facts and ideas should…

• RE: Social groups in west midlands

That's ok, no worries. I'm also sorry for not replying earlier. I haven't been on here for a few days as I'm rather preoccupied with and hyper-focused on the group that I'm setting up. Incidentally, I met up with one of the other members…