Older women on the forum? Your early years?

Older women on the forum? Your early years? Mine are in my profile. Share?

Parents
  • Thank you for sharing your profile. 

I did not have the problems of sharing a dorm as I went to a state school and was an only child so had my own room. However on the occasions when in youth activities and field trips I had to share a room I found that very difficult.

You mention discipline.  My family had a lot of expectations and there was no understanding then of being flexible with parenting unlike young autistics today. Discovering the reasons for difficulties in later years explains a lot. 

One thing I did benefit from was that my parents were interested in wildlife and gardening. These are things that have helped me a great deal.

• Ah you found a focus in your household to zoom inn on! that's terrific!

yes, these days there are so many more opportunities and a deeper understanding of Autism. the young ones now will be so much less lonely and in distress.

• Many thanks for your support. I  also think that you are doing well under very difficult circumstances.        As for me , I believe that I found my soulmate,and am now paying the price of true love.      

It may sound peculiar, but it is my faith that is keeping me going. I am not a preacher,for I respect everyones Opinions  and Beliefs, and.I have found a lot of people  in the Church, who are  causing a lot of  problems for the rest of us. I do not go for them , I go to praise God first, and be guided by his Teaching. I ,often get messages from him, when listening to the Biblical text,and the Sermon for that particular Sunday.       

As  I have said before, everyone to their  own . I hope that I have not gone on too much about this.                   I hope that we can be as members of the Neuro Diverse family that can support and help one another.

• You can use any name that you like - so it might be to do with your interests, or a part of the world you love, or the name of a book or film character... anything at all!  Re my 'name' - VikingMermaid - it's a combination of my ancestry and my love of wild swimming :)

Hope you find the confidence to choose some sort of handle (code name) in due course, but only when it's right for you.

• a number it is then and welcome home.

• Sorry I seem less human! Haha, I don't mind what people choose as long as I can tell them apart. As long as it's not offensive obviously.

Reply Children
No Data