Books books books

Hey there 

I just finished a audiobook called Unmasking Autism by Devon Price. I really enjoyed it and this was my first experience of an audible. I struggle to read books as I find I read and then track back and read again, I struggle to concentrate and take it all in basically.

Is there a must read book that anyone can recommend for self discovering as a newly recognised autistic? 

Parents Reply Children
  • Yes, I found that (What Works for Autistic Adults) useful too.  Particularly, the list of sensory things in the section "Golden Equation" - which I bookmarked with plastic tabs to make it easier to revisit as I think on them further (to help me think about "here is something which matters to me" ...so, can I think of a mitigation in my own control and the equivalent workplace etc. Reasonable Adjustment).

• I have recently finished that book, Luke Beardon is great! Personally, I was a bit disappointed with this book in the series as I didn't think it expanded much on the content in 'Avoiding Anxiety in Autistic Adults'. Also, a lot of the emphasis in 'What Works for Autistic Adults' was on what currently doesn't work for us in our society as opposed to giving suggestions of what does work.

Once you have finished the book, it would be great to know what you think of it.