Struggling to focus on 1 thing atta time

Hey I'm looking for advice on how I can stay focused on 1 thing atta time because at school I struggling to focus because I can hear my teacher, people talking, P.E. happening in the sports field... I got told of for not paying attention and looking out the window because I heard people out there.

It's affecting my work apparently Rolling eyes I think my teacher just hates me tbh woman is an absolute monster lol Joy 

I was diagnosed with asd when I was 5 because I hated being touched and eating different things was upsetting. I didn't make eye contact either still don't eyes make me uneasy.

But focusing and paying attention is so hard I don't know how to improve this.

• I found one other book that seems easier to follow in terms of exercises:

Managing ADHD Workbook for Women, Exercises and Strategies to Improve Focus, Motivation, and Confidence - Duan MD, Christy (2022)
    eISBN: 9781638782452

• It sounds like you have ADHD symptoms which can be part of the autism spectrum.

For advice I would recommend the following books to see if any are of help:

Everything You Wanted to Know About ADHD (...But Forgot You Wanted to Ask) - Neuroscience Education Institute (2008)
    ISBN 1422500330

Scattered - how attention deficit disorder originates and what you can do about it - Gabor Mate (2014)
    eISBN 9781101153857

The ways of dealing with this will depend on what other autistic traits you have so rather than giving a potted solution I would recommend working through the book as best you can and try a few techniques that feel right for you.

Good luck and do come back to ask if you have more specific questions on any of the techniques.

• Good afternoon and welcome to the community forum.

I was bullied by a P.E teacher due to struggling and singled out by sending me equipment home. Hockey stick and a basketball (my friend helped me); I was about 12 years old.

Try to block out the noise and the distractions. Do you have any hobbies or interests to take your mind off? When I go to the community group I switch off and focus on the task. I enjoy jigsaw puzzles, puzzle and colouring books. Also Lego and radio. Writing things down helps as I've been through trauma.

In my last year of the 30s. Hope this helps you.