Struggling to focus on 1 thing atta time

Hey I'm looking for advice on how I can stay focused on 1 thing atta time because at school I struggling to focus because I can hear my teacher, people talking, P.E. happening in the sports field... I got told of for not paying attention and looking out the window because I heard people out there.

It's affecting my work apparently Rolling eyes I think my teacher just hates me tbh woman is an absolute monster lol Joy 

I was diagnosed with asd when I was 5 because I hated being touched and eating different things was upsetting. I didn't make eye contact either still don't eyes make me uneasy.

But focusing and paying attention is so hard I don't know how to improve this.

Parents
  • It sounds like you have ADHD symptoms which can be part of the autism spectrum.

For advice I would recommend the following books to see if any are of help:

Everything You Wanted to Know About ADHD (...But Forgot You Wanted to Ask) - Neuroscience Education Institute (2008)
    ISBN 1422500330

Scattered - how attention deficit disorder originates and what you can do about it - Gabor Mate (2014)
    eISBN 9781101153857

The ways of dealing with this will depend on what other autistic traits you have so rather than giving a potted solution I would recommend working through the book as best you can and try a few techniques that feel right for you.

Good luck and do come back to ask if you have more specific questions on any of the techniques.

• It sounds like you have ADHD symptoms which can be part of the autism spectrum.

For advice I would recommend the following books to see if any are of help:

Everything You Wanted to Know About ADHD (...But Forgot You Wanted to Ask) - Neuroscience Education Institute (2008)
    ISBN 1422500330

Scattered - how attention deficit disorder originates and what you can do about it - Gabor Mate (2014)
    eISBN 9781101153857

The ways of dealing with this will depend on what other autistic traits you have so rather than giving a potted solution I would recommend working through the book as best you can and try a few techniques that feel right for you.

Good luck and do come back to ask if you have more specific questions on any of the techniques.

Children
  • I found one other book that seems easier to follow in terms of exercises:

Managing ADHD Workbook for Women, Exercises and Strategies to Improve Focus, Motivation, and Confidence - Duan MD, Christy (2022)
    eISBN: 9781638782452