Desperate for advice

Hello!

I’m neither a parent or a carer. I am a concerned partner of a a mid-thirties female who is registered dyslexic but also believes herself to have dyspraxia and autism. I have asked her about getting a diagnosis for her autism but she said that about 3 years ago both her counsellor and her doctor declined to test her. 

I feel I need to support in the day to day pressures that I experience when supporting her. I get frustrated and cross and I don’t think this is right  I want to understand and learn new ways of coping.

Can anyone help me please?

thank you. 

• Yeah I wish that there was somewhere to go for support too. 

The most difficult thing for me is understanding what people want me to feel say and do, and the way that it is to be expressed.

I can never deliver on the expectations of others, and when people learn this they underestimate me in every area of my life so that really shatters my confidence. 

• K, thank you so much for responding.

I feel very sad reading your message and wish there was somewhere we could go for support. 

What would you say is the thing that makes life most difficult for you. 

• This is kind of like my situation in reverse I have autism, dyslexia and Its hard living with me.

I am always in the moment and rarely able to reflect and see the long or even short term effects of my actions. 

I argue alot because I feel like I'm being put under pressure all the time to act and do things I don't understand. 

I also have serious meltdowns I can't even see coming and it's at these moments I'm the hardest to deal with because I say things I don't mean, mainly because I want to escape from the negative situation I'm experiencing and I get confused and upset, and also  I think years of people bullying and tormenting me has made me very defensive and overwhelming anxious .

Most of the time I just want to curl myself into a ball and sleep and honestly sometimes I don't want to wake up.

I am a massive burden on the people I live with but I just don't know what to do to make myself more tolerable to be patient, I've asked for help but really there is non (I just don't know what to do)