Noise cancelling headphones and new product development

Hi Everyone!

I am a third year occupational therapy student and I am currently in the process of developing a product for autistic children as part of a module assignment.

The product is a pair of noise cancelling headphones but comes with a microphone which can be paired with the headphones. The aim is for children to wear them during school hours and to still hear the teacher talking through the microphone, which they would be wearing. Additionally, I was looking into these being used outside of school. Such as when out shopping, the parent/carer could wear the microphone so the child could hear the parent/carer speaking through the headphones, but not external noises which could be overwhelming. 

I was just looking for any feedback about this idea, such as:

• How your child would feel about wearing these headphones?
  • Do you think it would be a useful product?
  • How much would you be willing to pay for this product?

I am happy to receive any feedback you could provide as you are all experts in this field!

Thank you so much in advance :) 

P.S. here is an image of the design I currently have in mind

Parents Reply Children
  • The product is aimed at children for ease of the assignment really - it's more simple to target to a specific audience, rather than a wide spectrum as we've got to do a business case. I do recognise that adults want noise cancelling headphones - if this product ever became real I would definitely widen my market!

Thank you for those links and advice - it will be really helpful!! :)