I hate having autism.

I'll be straightforward.

I hate having autism

I hate the fact that there's so much rubbish going on in the world.

The world seems to get worse every day.

I see no hope for the world.

I hate having autism.

I hate having autism

I wish I was never born.

I hate it when people discriminate against autistic people, or say stupid things like "oh everybody's a little bit autistic" or some other rubbish.

I hate what autism does to me. Im afraid of everything now.

Im an ugly *** and I wish I wasn't alive.

Every day I hope I die in my sleep.

Im so behind in life and I see no point.

Parents
  • Yeah, being autistic can really suck BIG TIME!

I'm probably a lot older than you, early 50's and was only diagnosed one year ago.

I do try to embrace the supposed "good" that autism brings, but sometimes (maybe a lot of times recently) I really struggle with my condition. I'm a bright guy, not as bright as you though, but the way that my autism can draw me in can be exhausting.

We tend to have a very sharp eye for detail, which others say is a "superpower", but a lot of the time it seems like more of a curse to me.

• I could never consider my autism a superpower. It is a hindrance.

Reply Children
  • I read your OP as if on my bad days I could have written it.

I'd be willing to make a bet of one shiny 1 oz silver coin (and I only make a bet when I am reasonably certain I haev soem secret edge, so yeah, I'm not a "betting man") taht if you re-read ths thread every day for a month, you'll have at least one day, where you partly disagree with yourself..

Give yourself time, Autism is a different way of thinking, and occasionally even Neurotypical life needs what we have. Learn to recognise those points, and sell your talent dearly....