What is wrong with wanting to marry a man from a good family, with a good job and looks good too?

1. I told my colleagues this 

2. I fell out with this one guy and told him that the only reason he was gonna get girls was bc he was 1. tall and 2. his dad is rich 

3. Now everybody is making fun of me, telling me to stop bothering that one guy in an attempt to get my hands on his inheritance 

Parents
  • perfectly fine logic, rich people often get girls all around them chasing their wealth... looks though i dont think matters as you get alot of old or ugly rich people getting all the young girls.... girls only like money, thats what they go for. looks and age doesnt matter so much as money.

but this makes rich people stupid though. because why would you want a girl that only sees your wealth? it will be a terrible social structure and not a real relationship, the girl would be more like a enemy in my eyes rather than a friend or relationship... lower than basic acquaintance in my eyes if all they see in you is money.

• Please ignore that post, it is absolutely incorrect and please don't think all men think in the same way because believe me, we do not.

For me personally, and many other men and women, money is completely irrelevant. I am interested in a woman who is understanding and has a nice personality.

There's more to a relationship than wealth and looks...

• For me personally, and many other men and women, money is completely irrelevant. I am interested in a woman who is understanding and has a nice personality.

Thank you B, that's a super post and much needed on this thread and forum.

This thread is glaringly obviously not by a real OP but certain predictable people have used it to spill forth as usual on what little they know about women.

It's mostly females who leave this forum and new members tend to leave quickly.

I fear that the forum may be left to the mansplainers and ideologists before too long, with those people who need real autism support and general life input left unassisted.

Then those left will be propagating their world views to an empty stadium.

Speaking head

• For me personally, and many other men and women, money is completely irrelevant. I am interested in a woman who is understanding and has a nice personality.

Thank you B, that's a super post and much needed on this thread and forum.

This thread is glaringly obviously not by a real OP but certain predictable people have used it to spill forth as usual on what little they know about women.

It's mostly females who leave this forum and new members tend to leave quickly.

I fear that the forum may be left to the mansplainers and ideologists before too long, with those people who need real autism support and general life input left unassisted.

Then those left will be propagating their world views to an empty stadium.

Speaking head

Children
  • Nevertheless I’m very pleased to see you posting here Slight smile

• Idk when I first came here, but yeah, it's been a steady stream the whole time. People join, they seem to like it but sooner or later they get exposed to the kinds of toxic discourse we've seen and a lot find that they'd rather not hang out somewhere where racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic statements might pop up anytime. 

• It's mostly females who leave this forum and new members tend to leave quickly.

I’ve only been here for around six months and have seen a lot of people leave in that time. Is that normal here or has this been a bad few months?

Speaking as a man, I’ve very nearly left a number of times because of the atmosphere at certain times.

But I keep coming back because there are good people here.

re Barrack’s post: I completely agree - I’m not looking for any criteria in potential friends or partners than simply that they are nice, interesting and I can get along with them. Anything else is silly.