What is wrong with wanting to marry a man from a good family, with a good job and looks good too?

1. I told my colleagues this 

2. I fell out with this one guy and told him that the only reason he was gonna get girls was bc he was 1. tall and 2. his dad is rich 

3. Now everybody is making fun of me, telling me to stop bothering that one guy in an attempt to get my hands on his inheritance 

• Thank you for your perspective, on how I come across to you, and others of your ilk. 

To take your last sentence and reply to it,

1. You are incorrect, things appear to have improved in some areas for me considerably post diagnosis and particularly this year.`

2. Although I'm repeatedly told "There is no help for you", by those who's job it is supposedly to help me, which is a part of my deeply held sense of "betrayal by government" and the resultant total lack of trust I now have for most (but not all) of our institutions, I'm always open to a bit of help.

What help do you think I need?

• Nevertheless I’m very pleased to see you posting here Slight smile

• Idk when I first came here, but yeah, it's been a steady stream the whole time. People join, they seem to like it but sooner or later they get exposed to the kinds of toxic discourse we've seen and a lot find that they'd rather not hang out somewhere where racist, sexist, homophobic and transphobic statements might pop up anytime. 

• ISperg, I understand that autism brings with it certain communication differences, so I would like to offer my perspective on how you present to myself.

Your phrasing seems to infer you have some kind of authority here, possibly a superiority to others. You have to understand that all people do actually think for themselves but you have trouble respecting that.

Following the narrative that there are "two types of people here" will only create division, so people may not like you because of this viewpoint.

You seem paranoid that a mob has been raised against you, I haven't seen any evidence of that.

Some of your comments - "cardboard cutout rabid feminist" could be misconstrued as a thinly veiled insult, and I'm sure you don't want to come across as an insulting person as that shows a lack of intelligence.

I don't think your knowledge of women is the issue - it's more like a basic human understanding.

I see you have made a lot of posts here but maybe things haven't improved for you? It could be that getting help from somewhere else may be a good idea?

• Most of us have been clearly "doing something wrong most of our lives". 

When I set out to fix my own issues, and choose a "better life" (and I'm not going to lie, I've been quite sucessfull at it, which confers some small authority on my attempts to help others, by passing on what I know to be true) some of the stuff I've learned has been really difficult, and to be honest, soem of it flies in the face of what modern life teaches us. 

This creates a gulf of cognitive abilty between those who parctice thinking for themsleves and those (the majority) who are too busy trying to get along and outsource that function to other people. 

We have both types of people here, and it appears as I suspected, and hoped would be the case, there seems to be more of us on this forum. 

There is one GLARING difference between the two groups however. Our sort can tolerate your existence and right to express yourselves providing you don't actually organise to "mob" people who "say the wrong thing". Since that seems to have stopped now, (thank you all very much) I note that the exodus of people seems to have slowed.

Why the people who call for tolerance turn out consistently to be the most  intolerant of all, is a wry joke on humanity... 

We are all in this togther people.

If I may appeal to sanity, the fact is DIVERSITY is still a real thing, despite the efforts (documented) of our leadership (aided by the left) to remove all diversity and end up with a single easily controlled mestizo mass of human beings consuming whatever is provided to them from the state.

The reason why I didn't want you to leave when you were last telegraphing that intent to the world is precisely because whilst I think your politicss are poorly formed in some areas, I don't thnk that's all you are "cardboard cut out rabid feminst".

I See you as a fully formed human being who has something to offer here, at least to those who think like you do, Some of what you say reveals a real kindness and concern (At least, for half the membership here :c) 

I spent a portion of my formative years being the only (AUHD!) boy in a class of 39 girls, with a female teacher, so don't tell me I know nothing about women, I did the course in womens studies.

Edit:

I got interrupted in my post by my o/h being in tears over an insurance matter. She describes herself as a "Feminist"  but in this case it looks like someone needs to go and "mansplain" to some people over the telephone exactly what they should be doing, and in short, my toxic masculinity is required to stop these people taking advantage of my woman. And you know what, she quite likes it... 

• It's mostly females who leave this forum and new members tend to leave quickly.

I fear that the forum may be left to the mansplainers and ideologists before too long, with those people who need real autism support and general life input left unassisted.

I’ve only been here for around six months and have seen a lot of people leave in that time. Is that normal here or has this been a bad few months?

Speaking as a man, I’ve very nearly left a number of times because of the atmosphere at certain times.

But I keep coming back because there are good people here.

re Barrack’s post: I completely agree - I’m not looking for any criteria in potential friends or partners than simply that they are nice, interesting and I can get along with them. Anything else is silly.

• That's not mansplaining, many of the local "men" took it seriously.

• For me personally, and many other men and women, money is completely irrelevant. I am interested in a woman who is understanding and has a nice personality.

There's more to a relationship than wealth and looks...

Thank you B, that's a super post and much needed on this thread and forum.

This thread is glaringly obviously not by a real OP but certain predictable people have used it to spill forth as usual on what little they know about women.

It's mostly females who leave this forum and new members tend to leave quickly.

I fear that the forum may be left to the mansplainers and ideologists before too long, with those people who need real autism support and general life input left unassisted.

Then those left will be propagating their world views to an empty stadium.

Speaking head

• Please ignore that post, it is absolutely incorrect and please don't think all men think in the same way because believe me, we do not.

For me personally, and many other men and women, money is completely irrelevant. I am interested in a woman who is understanding and has a nice personality.

There's more to a relationship than wealth and looks...

• Watch 80’s soap Dynasty - gay Steven and his mother Alexis Colby, ex-husband of Blake Carrington 

• Remember Bisexual Steven in Dynasty? I was only a young gay teen when Dynasty came out in the 80’s and both Steven and his mother Alexis was my inspiration - at the time, I probably would have wanted a rich boyfriend at the start, even if that made me a gold-digger 

• In my teens, as a much younger gay man, if I had known how to become a gold-digger, I probably would, in order to find a rich boyfriend, even though I’d want him to be tall, dark and handsome first 

• This sounds like an episode from 80’s soap Dynasty and I’m loving this delicious thread already, worthy of Alexis and Blake  

• Jeez Louise (as they say somewhere), I'm not even gonna.......

find me over at 3 good things, special interests, actual pleas

for assistance and swapping stories about menopause.

• What a peculiar first post. I would say ragebait and/or trolly.

Yep.

Mansplainers delight.

• What a peculiar first post. I would say ragebait and/or trolly.

• You're honest. I'll give you that. Of course very few of us are indifrent to the looks of our prospective romantic / sexual partners. It's natural to have prefrences. Of course not everyones prefrences are the same. There are women into older guys, not just because they are assumed to be rich, but because they seem stately. There are girls into short guys. There are girls into extreemly adrogynus effeminate looking men. Human taste in partners is diverse and women are no exception.

Now if your ambition is to be a stay at home wife and mother then marrying a guy who's job can suport a familly on its own is highly attractive. Suporting kids and running a house on one persons minimum wage job involves a lot of hungry bellies and canceled christmases. And that's with the goverment hand outs which in this political climet don't feel so secure.

For a woman not intrested in kids who wants to work herself a husband with a creative career that makes him happy (but not rich) might be more attractive.

That said you can have a rich handsome husband and be miserable as sin because his personality is rottern. This is the issue with the way people date. People talk about looking for red flags but the reality is they have a much longer list of 'green flags.' Atributes their potential match must have otherwise they are not intrested. And the reality is most peoples list of green flags is so extensive there are very few candidates left with the right green flags who don't have lots of red flags too. In fact in many ways the people with green flags are more likely to have lots of red flags because there experence of life has been they can get away with more than others do.

The reality is in desperation most people are more willing to compromise on red flags than green flags. They ignore them, or tell themselves that the other person can change, that they can 'fix' them.

The reality is often the other way around. Poor men can become rich more easily then crule men can become kind. The thing is people often pay lip service to this idea then go and chase the people with red flags themselves. There irony is the very people critacising you are probably doing what you said you wanted to do, prioratise looks, wealth etc over personality etc. They are just finding ways to rationalise it so they don't have to admit to themselves and others that's what they are doing.

I mean think about it mathermaticly. If your guy has to be of above average hight? Well you just chopped your dating pool in half. Above average wealth? Now its a quater of what it was. And you're chasing the same quater a lot of other women are. What about age? Does he have to be around the same age as you? Your dating pool just shrank a lot there. you start adding personality and common interests on top of that things get small really really quickly. And then if you have prefrences for things like hair colour / face type, the number of guys in your city you can date is probably a number you can count on your fingers.

• its likely always gonna be that way for most of us here anyway.
    if we make it that far, i reckon a high suicide rate for us peaks once we lose our parents and thus the only close loving social connection wed ever have had on this planet.