Last purchase or gift?

I thought this would be a fun thread to do Slight smile 

I last got a rather cool classic cars book for my birthday on February 4th. I've already read this book from cover to back several times and know it will be one of those books I keep going back to!

Awesome!!! Sunglasses 

• Emmy, you will be twinkle-toes compared to me in my size tens.

Ben

• Hi Ben.

I just bought a new pair of black trainers, size 5 for me though.

• A thoughtful friend is a gift indeed.  If they also find you an appropriate gift (for you); that is a bonus.

I know that I value it when somebody gives me a gift when they saw something "with your name on it" (meaning: they thought you would find it of interest to you / you would enjoy it ...and it did not need to be strictly "age appropriate" - who makes the rules anyway? - and I don't mean it literally "had your name written on it" like a monogram or engraved!). 

Even better: is when the gift arrives when your friend thinks you would benefit from it (not just because it is a Birthday or Christmas etc.).

I try to remember all that: when I give a gift to a friend or relative (or source something to aid a work colleague).

• I bought a Bob Dylan and Tom Petty vinyl at the start of the week.

• A pair of memory foam insoles; size 10.

Ben

• Hi, I worked on a few Datsuns in my youth, eventually they changed their name to Nissan, I also worked on a few Bluebirds.  My wife doesn’t actually know how many car parts and items of memorabilia I have ‘ squirrelled away’ over the years,  I do enjoy auto jumbles, my wife refers to most items as pieces of rust, I refer to them as rare artefacts! 
    I understand your issue with friendships, I think of them as acquaintances. It’s hard trying to workout what someone else wants from a relationship.

Hopefully will get to the workshop today, I have a 1958 Vauxhall engine on a stand needing a second coat of enamel. I’ve always liked working onold cars as they can’t talk, I think of the major milestones in history these cars have witnessed.

I’ve found a 260Z in a 1975 brochure. Dan Dan the Datsun Man!

• That's a very nice piece of automobile history you have there, Roy. The old Datsuns are what I would call a true motorcar! I own a fair bit of automobile history myself from brochures to actual parts of different vehicles. It drives my Good Lady mad half the time.

I have never owned a Datsun nor have I driven one. I have travelled in one however. A man who lived in my village owned a beautiful Datsun, it was an 1975 260Z, in glorious black paint with matching black interior inside. It was owned by a fine chap called David Short. I'm not sure if we were friends, I do struggle with friendships, unsure where I stand much of the time. Anyhow David gave me a lift in it a few times and what a vehicle it was! Nice engine rumble, comfortable to travel in and one of those motors that I imagine one must feel proud when driving.

Even as the passenger I felt proud to be allowed to travel in it.

David is sadly passed on now since 2017 but his son Paul now owns the Datsun and I do occasionally see it driving through the village. He keeps it as well as his father did. I often miss those drives with David, they were good times and where my love of Datsuns first came from.

Thank you for sharing this fantastic purchase Roy. It was a real treat to see and reminded me of the local one.

• My latest purchase is a brochure for 1979 Datsuns, it’s become a bit of an interest, my earliest brochure is from 1952. I find the cars and the artwork really interesting.

• My last purchase was fairly strange, even for me, a 19th century Zulu battleaxe. It is a remarkable object, very sculptural. When I was a small child, before I could read, my dad would give me spoken synopses of the books he was reading every Sunday morning. Several of the stories made a big impression on me, including 'Nada the Lily', by H. Rider Haggard. The hero of the book was Umslopogaas of the Axe, a Zulu warrior who favoured the axe in combat. When the opportunity of buying a Zulu axe arose, I had no choice.

• Nice book . My Dad would have liked that book, he's always been crazy about older cars.

My last purchase which came yesterday was this Lego Spiderman minifigure.

It's an older Lego piece from 2003 and I bought it for a steal at £26! Stuck out tongue Another one to add to my collection! And it's in lovely condition for its age so I'm really happy with it.

• That sounds like a great birthday gift! Classic cars are always fascinating. My last purchase was a beautiful [link removed] for my sister's graduation. It's such a timeless and personalized gift, perfect for celebrating milestones. What about you all? What was your latest purchase or gift?

• To be honest my last purchase was supermarket food but the day before I ordered Lavender Oil of Amazon to try and help me sleep. I also also ordered something called Sleep Better which a spray you put on your pillow. Book wise the day befpre that i ordered a book called God's Wiildflowers about 131 saints who had disabilities mental and physical while praticising their faith. I'm not sure now If i will be able to handle it as it is good to relate but I find it hard to read a lot on people distress. It is due tomorrow I think.

• They are amazing! At school I could hear the teacher just fine but sounds of like pencils and people walking was gone. I felt my anxiety went down and I felt more awake. When I took them out at home then I was surprised on how much stuff I could hear (I would just leave them in all the time but my ear started hurting a bit. 7hrs of them in is probably too much for my ears to handle..)

My mom even is thinking of buying some. Shes not autistic but she does have trouble focusing her attention on which sounds to hear (like she wont hear someone talking if the heater is on) - which I sort of struggle with too but not as much as her

• That's very thoughtful of your friend. I hope it helps with your thoughts.

• How are you finding the loops? Former Member I have several pairs now. I find them a total lifesaver to be honest. Never want to be without them.

• My last purchase was Loop earplugs

My last gift would be a valentines flower I got at school today 

• A very thoughtful gift I received was a birthday present and it was a crystal healing tree my best friend bought it for me to help with any bad thoughts I get.