Last purchase or gift?

I thought this would be a fun thread to do Slight smile 

I last got a rather cool classic cars book for my birthday on February 4th. I've already read this book from cover to back several times and know it will be one of those books I keep going back to!

Awesome!!! Sunglasses 

Parents
  • I bought myself a Japanese cloisonné box circa 1900 from a gift/ antique shop in York. They thought it was Chinese! I paid £30 but it’s worth about £70 so I’m pleased. I’ve collected since I was 15 (so 41 years) and am quite knowledgeable. A local country house had a candle holder, in their collection, that they had written in the room guide/ information was cloisonné but was Champleve instead so I told them, as it’s very different. The lady supervising said they would change it and made a note. They hadn’t bothered when I went back a year later. I’ll have to put it in writing!

• I bought myself a Japanese cloisonné box circa 1900 from a gift/ antique shop in York. They thought it was Chinese! I paid £30 but it’s worth about £70 so I’m pleased. I’ve collected since I was 15 (so 41 years) and am quite knowledgeable. A local country house had a candle holder, in their collection, that they had written in the room guide/ information was cloisonné but was Champleve instead so I told them, as it’s very different. The lady supervising said they would change it and made a note. They hadn’t bothered when I went back a year later. I’ll have to put it in writing!

Children
No Data