Last purchase or gift?

I thought this would be a fun thread to do Slight smile 

I last got a rather cool classic cars book for my birthday on February 4th. I've already read this book from cover to back several times and know it will be one of those books I keep going back to!

Awesome!!! Sunglasses 

Parents
  • My last purchase was fairly strange, even for me, a 19th century Zulu battleaxe. It is a remarkable object, very sculptural. When I was a small child, before I could read, my dad would give me spoken synopses of the books he was reading every Sunday morning. Several of the stories made a big impression on me, including 'Nada the Lily', by H. Rider Haggard. The hero of the book was Umslopogaas of the Axe, a Zulu warrior who favoured the axe in combat. When the opportunity of buying a Zulu axe arose, I had no choice.

• My last purchase was fairly strange, even for me, a 19th century Zulu battleaxe. It is a remarkable object, very sculptural. When I was a small child, before I could read, my dad would give me spoken synopses of the books he was reading every Sunday morning. Several of the stories made a big impression on me, including 'Nada the Lily', by H. Rider Haggard. The hero of the book was Umslopogaas of the Axe, a Zulu warrior who favoured the axe in combat. When the opportunity of buying a Zulu axe arose, I had no choice.

Children
No Data