Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

• just dont click on any link they send you if they are dodgy.
    the only thing they can really do is send a malware link, so its probs safe to accept any friend request so long as you dont then click any links they send or go along with any dodgy instructions they tell you to do.

• I suspect it's the same person we are talking about.

I tend to just accept friend requests without much thought.

Unfortunately this has led to messages from the person so I have for now removed personal messaging from my general settings.

• I've had this as well, it's unnerving and always sets me on edge and makes me a bit suspicious. I had to decline. I accept if it's someone who's regular here but new people who haven't posted or written their bio I can't trust and friend.

• Same thing with me as had two members asking for my snapchat and Facebook. Ending up deleting my account.