Friend Requests that arouse suspicion - Is it just me?

Several days ago, I found myself on the receiving end of a Friend Request from a new member, which immediately caused me to feel unnerved and suspicious.

I question if it's a generational thing, or if it's just me. At the time that I received this request, there had been no prior interaction on the forum between myself and this member. Furthermore, their member profile was completely blank. Therefore, I had no way of knowing if this person was on a similar wavelength to me, or if we had anything remotely in common.

Parents
  • just dont click on any link they send you if they are dodgy.
    the only thing they can really do is send a malware link, so its probs safe to accept any friend request so long as you dont then click any links they send or go along with any dodgy instructions they tell you to do.

• just dont click on any link they send you if they are dodgy.
    the only thing they can really do is send a malware link, so its probs safe to accept any friend request so long as you dont then click any links they send or go along with any dodgy instructions they tell you to do.

Children
  • I wholeheartedly agree with you about not clicking links that may be unsafe, and not going along with dodgy instructions. However, I fear that I may not have explained myself clearly enough in my original post... the point being that I would rather know something about a person first, and feel that a mutual rapport has been established on the forum, before agreeing to accept a friend request.