Driving License

Hi, I’m trying to renew my license as it expired and not sure what to put down in the your health section or even if I need to gov site says I do if it may effect my driving but what category does it come under as there is not a lot of info is it “severe learning disability” or “serious psychiatric illness or mental health” or do I just not put it down as I don’t want to be in a issue and be fined £1000. 

• only have to tell them things that effect driving.... such as if you wear glasses, they have to know that so they can mark that on your license as a requirement to wear glasses while driving. 

• Only let them know if it affects your ability to drive safely.

• I don't drive but have wondered this as well. I have a provisional license and was having lessons, stopped now. I did look it up at the time and according to online you have to tell the DVLA only if your autism affects how you drive. Mine doesn't so I never told them. 

• I had a huge rigmarole in 2017; simply to get my address changed. It took almost six months. Then, in 2020, Furloughing caused my renewal of the licence to be delayed until January 2021. However, nine months later, my address was changed post haste. Slight smile

Third-Time lucky.

• As far as I know, you have to inform the relevant authority if any condition adversely affects your ability to drive/drive safely. As autism is lifelong, you have always been autistic, even before a diagnosis. If you were a safe driver before diagnosis, the diagnosis will affect nothing; therefore you do not need to inform.

• The clinician who delivered my diagnosis told me I should inform the DVLA but insurance companies did not need to know for some reason.  I promptly 'forgot' that piece of information, I'd been driving accident free for 15+ years at that point, it's not like a late diagnosis for a condition I've always had is suddenly going to change anything whatsoever about my ability to drive safely.

• Hi. My understanding is with my ASD and severe anxiety depression disorders, I do not have to notify DVLA unless my doctor tells me I can’t. 

I’ve had this paranoia business regarding this and that’s what my research came too