Driving

Who drives? :) I passed my test when I was 21, by a miracle I think as I'm a shockingly bad driver lol but somehow I did pass. I find driving incredibly stressful and I haven't driven since I was 23 and not sure if I'll drive again tbh. My car just sits there year after year I should sell it really but it's one of those things where because it's mine I don't really want to get rid. And I might drive again one day who knows :) 

Parents
  • I did drive but was in a serious crash and it took my ability to drive. Prior to that though I loved it so long as the roads were quiet otherwise it was massive anxiety trigger. I miss my car and I miss being able to drive.

• No! You're in the same boat as me then. I hadn't driven for a few weeks as I'd changed jobs and no longer commuted by car. Got behind the wheel and had a panic attack, and just sat there sobbing. Since then I've only moved the car from one parking space to another in the communal car park at our old flat - that's it!

We are looking at getting a newer car (still second hand) that's more suitable. I like the cabin of the car to be very compact, with a nice, upright seat. I'll likely take some refresher lessons in our own car when I move house so I can get used to the new road layouts.

• I did used to get like that at times it all depended on how bad my anxiety was. It was different every day for me. I can remember some days where I burst in to tears behind the wheel and sometimes I had to pull over and wait until I was less anxious. 

Good idea it might also be an idea to put it in to drive and reverse and go back and forth a few times just so you get the feel of the car. There's no pressure with that. If you can find an open field you could drive in there as well as no one else will be around. I used to do that if things had got bad.

• I did used to get like that at times it all depended on how bad my anxiety was. It was different every day for me. I can remember some days where I burst in to tears behind the wheel and sometimes I had to pull over and wait until I was less anxious. 

Good idea it might also be an idea to put it in to drive and reverse and go back and forth a few times just so you get the feel of the car. There's no pressure with that. If you can find an open field you could drive in there as well as no one else will be around. I used to do that if things had got bad.

Children