This forum has become toxic to me

I can't sit back and watch some of the hateful posts anymore about things close to my heart because of a person I have known and was close to and then seeing all the kinds of hate they get. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of people thinking lumping a group of people in the same boat as 'predators' is the same as thinking certain ideologies are toxic are the same. 

I'm tired of the hypocrisy of people who fight for certain rights but turn a blind eye to a certain sector of a population and come up with the same old hateful *** that people used to say about gay people. 

Parents
  • Seems the only person spewing hate here is you. A very disingenuous post that ignores the widely documented issues with "trans identified" men getting into womens prisons, positions for women only and abusing and violating women, their safe spaces and their supporters. Won't address that though will you, because you know it damages your entire argument lol

The truth is always inconvenient Smile

But then, you wanted an argument didn't you? You wanted to be able to call someone else "toxic", when the hate is in fact deep within you... you don't even have the courage to speak to me directly, which is sad. 

• You may have a degree and experience in the field, Michelle, but have you watched the relevant Youtube videos, on the matter?

I think not. You 'experts' and your 'knowledge'. SOME OF US ARE CAPABLE OF JUMPING TO OUR OWN CONCLUSIONS WITHOUT THE FACTS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

I'm joking by the wayStuck out tongue

• I could tell (for once). 

I really agree with your other post too, and especially the sentiment of sticking with other people who are considered abnormal by the majority of society. I have friends who are trans and they came out whilst I've known them and it is BRAVE. I can't even be brave enough to tell all my friends that I'm autistic and they've completely reinvented themselves and proudly said "this is who I really am". They aren't sex offenders and why should they be presumed to be?! They just want to live their lives being comfortable in their own skin. If anything, they should be inspiring ME to be more comfortable with who I am. 

• Well said.

Personally I don't really understand the whole gender thing myself and was educated to believe there are only two sexes and that sex and gender were basically the same thing, but as we advance as a species we learn new things about ourselves and the world and where it might not be what I was taught at school I'd rather be one of those who embraces new information, rather than one of those who fear it, and who seek to limit our development in order to maintain a world I recognise. 

So for me, the transgender thing comes down to my belief that so long as they're not hurting anyone else people should be free too live in a way which makes them happy. I remember when transgender people were fair game to be made fun of and ridiculed by the rest of society and I'm ashamed to say I never thought twice of thinking of them as weird, or freaks, as they were often portrayed in the media.

When I was actually made to consider them as people and not just the subjects of jokes I began to realise what kind of world we'd created for transgender people, why their rates of suicide are so high, why they're often faced with violence simply for existing, and I decided I would not contribute to a world in which they are treated as somehow less deserving of the respect the rest of us would expect for ourselves. 

Like you, I now find myself having a lot of admiration for their bravery. I used to serve a couple of cross-dressers (I think in their case it was just that they liked to dress as women, though) and thinking that even if they were wearing dresses they had bigger balls than most to be who they were, proudly. 

• Well said.

Personally I don't really understand the whole gender thing myself and was educated to believe there are only two sexes and that sex and gender were basically the same thing, but as we advance as a species we learn new things about ourselves and the world and where it might not be what I was taught at school I'd rather be one of those who embraces new information, rather than one of those who fear it, and who seek to limit our development in order to maintain a world I recognise. 

So for me, the transgender thing comes down to my belief that so long as they're not hurting anyone else people should be free too live in a way which makes them happy. I remember when transgender people were fair game to be made fun of and ridiculed by the rest of society and I'm ashamed to say I never thought twice of thinking of them as weird, or freaks, as they were often portrayed in the media.

When I was actually made to consider them as people and not just the subjects of jokes I began to realise what kind of world we'd created for transgender people, why their rates of suicide are so high, why they're often faced with violence simply for existing, and I decided I would not contribute to a world in which they are treated as somehow less deserving of the respect the rest of us would expect for ourselves. 

Like you, I now find myself having a lot of admiration for their bravery. I used to serve a couple of cross-dressers (I think in their case it was just that they liked to dress as women, though) and thinking that even if they were wearing dresses they had bigger balls than most to be who they were, proudly. 

Children
No Data