Even I am getting annoyed with PC regulations now

I'm generally open minded and unprejudiced, so I was surprised when I got suspended from Twitter for this tweet. I've left mine and my friend's Twitter names on there because we have nothing to hide, we don't use racist names or anything. FFS. Can anyone shed light about why this tweet was so 'hateful'? I've appealed because it is so stupid.

Parents
  • gon I'm going to predict it was a mistake. PC hasn't gone as mad as many people claim. That's coming from someone who has been accused of being hateful of things by overly PC people. 

I've known people get banned for no reason on Twitter and it turns out it was a mistake. I wouldn't jump straight onto the 'it's PC gone mad' 

I find it interesting that everyone else jumped straight on  that bandwagon too.  

Unless I'm later corrected and they come up with some, 'you were offensive,' thing. 

• But isn't that terrifying in itself?

• What in particular? I'm confused. 

• funny discussion to be having on a forum regarding autism...wouldn't you say.

Funny? In what sense?

I can only speak for myself, but as an autistic man, I am perfectly capable of discussing a wide range of topics, including censorship

Whether it is deliberate or not, it is still censorship.  Private companies such as Facebook and Twitter are allowed to maintain their social networking monopoly through anticompetitive conduct. If you have made it so that you are the only game in town, then it's a very dangerous to also give you the power to decide who plays or not.

I would have thought we had learned from history that the impulse to
     enforce strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom always leads to the consolidation of financial and political power by one group or elite, followed by unspeakable atrocities and crimes against the rest of humanity.

• is "censorship" by a faulty algorithm the same as censorship by a government or authority? its almost like there is a difference between accidental and intention. like accidentally hurting someones feelings and intentionally hurting someones feelings.

funny discussion to be having on a forum regarding autism...wouldn't you say.

• is "censorship" by a faulty algorithm the same as censorship by a government or authority? its almost like there is a difference between accidental and intention. like accidentally hurting someones feelings and intentionally hurting someones feelings.

funny discussion to be having on a forum regarding autism...wouldn't you say.

Children
  • funny discussion to be having on a forum regarding autism...wouldn't you say.

Funny? In what sense?

I can only speak for myself, but as an autistic man, I am perfectly capable of discussing a wide range of topics, including censorship

Whether it is deliberate or not, it is still censorship.  Private companies such as Facebook and Twitter are allowed to maintain their social networking monopoly through anticompetitive conduct. If you have made it so that you are the only game in town, then it's a very dangerous to also give you the power to decide who plays or not.

I would have thought we had learned from history that the impulse to
     enforce strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom always leads to the consolidation of financial and political power by one group or elite, followed by unspeakable atrocities and crimes against the rest of humanity.