Even I am getting annoyed with PC regulations now

I'm generally open minded and unprejudiced, so I was surprised when I got suspended from Twitter for this tweet. I've left mine and my friend's Twitter names on there because we have nothing to hide, we don't use racist names or anything. FFS. Can anyone shed light about why this tweet was so 'hateful'? I've appealed because it is so stupid.

Parents
  • gon I'm going to predict it was a mistake. PC hasn't gone as mad as many people claim. That's coming from someone who has been accused of being hateful of things by overly PC people. 

I've known people get banned for no reason on Twitter and it turns out it was a mistake. I wouldn't jump straight onto the 'it's PC gone mad' 

I find it interesting that everyone else jumped straight on  that bandwagon too.  

Unless I'm later corrected and they come up with some, 'you were offensive,' thing. 

• gon I'm going to predict it was a mistake. PC hasn't gone as mad as many people claim. That's coming from someone who has been accused of being hateful of things by overly PC people. 

I've known people get banned for no reason on Twitter and it turns out it was a mistake. I wouldn't jump straight onto the 'it's PC gone mad' 

I find it interesting that everyone else jumped straight on  that bandwagon too.  

Unless I'm later corrected and they come up with some, 'you were offensive,' thing. 

Children
  • I'm generally in favour of PC but this has annoyed me. The monkey emoji is the only thing it could be, surely. I am also annoyed because when *I* complain that people are harassing me, which they do sometimes, Twitter just says 'we can't find that they did anything wrong' and doesn't deal with them. Yet I get banned for an innocent comment. Rolling eyesRolling eyesRolling eyes 

My daughter who does Computer Science, however said that it might be automatic- something that searches out monkey emojis and reports them. But if they are so offensive, why have the damn monkey emojis in the first place?

But the whole of the preceding week in my life has been upsetting and frustrating so this is the last straw tbh.

• But isn't that terrifying in itself?