denied jobs because im autistic

I am constantly being denied jobs because im Autistic does this happen to anyone else

Parents
  • At the job cente I was given a personal helper after my diagnosis. Prior to this I had gotten jobs myself. My helper would phone up companies and mention that she was acting on behalf of someone with a disability and the call would never go any further than this

• at least in this case the job centre could confirm what you where saying is true . People with autism are in a catch 22 whereby many cant work because of their disability and at same time are refused PIP   most of the time.

• When the job centre asked if I had any health conditions at the beginning I said autism and they said straight away "it doesn't affect anything" but then give me a personal helper because of it which didn't help

• These people thrive on control you just need to work smart against them, apply for both types of jobs to keep them satisfied and if you have to attend an interview for something unsuitable then make it clear you wouldn't be very good

• Im on universal credit, got diagnosed few weeks ago and so told them. So far they have completely ignored the messages regarding it and have offered no support and have told me i would have to apply for any job despite explaining that phone calls, loud and busy places are a issue for me and that from my assessment they put how bad my social skills are. 

• Im on universal credit, got diagnosed few weeks ago and so told them. So far they have completely ignored the messages regarding it and have offered no support and have told me i would have to apply for any job despite explaining that phone calls, loud and busy places are a issue for me and that from my assessment they put how bad my social skills are. 

Children
  • These people thrive on control you just need to work smart against them, apply for both types of jobs to keep them satisfied and if you have to attend an interview for something unsuitable then make it clear you wouldn't be very good