denied jobs because im autistic

I am constantly being denied jobs because im Autistic does this happen to anyone else

Parents
  • At the job cente I was given a personal helper after my diagnosis. Prior to this I had gotten jobs myself. My helper would phone up companies and mention that she was acting on behalf of someone with a disability and the call would never go any further than this

• at least in this case the job centre could confirm what you where saying is true . People with autism are in a catch 22 whereby many cant work because of their disability and at same time are refused PIP   most of the time.

• When the job centre asked if I had any health conditions at the beginning I said autism and they said straight away "it doesn't affect anything" but then give me a personal helper because of it which didn't help

• When the job centre asked if I had any health conditions at the beginning I said autism and they said straight away "it doesn't affect anything" but then give me a personal helper because of it which didn't help

Children