What Happens If Someone Tries A Discussion About "Ecology Versus Economy " ("Climate Change") Upon This Forum

Greetings, Anyone. I do not Post as Frequently as I used to. But this is a "Hot Topic" socially right now, but, a bit like CARS, no-one started a Thread about it.

My question is... the folly of "because One cannot see it, then it does no-one harm?"

...With regards to "Climate Change", this here WWW/Internet... & Electricity, Smartphones, Radiowaves, UHF, Mining Rare Minerals for said products, etc... All of this activity grows exponentially, just like the Population. Both are harmful in My Own opinion... but I am, um, 'insignificant'... so I was wondering about what anyone else's opinions about "Climate Change" are here in general.

(Beware I often have to sign off abruptly, sorry. But I post this and see if/how anyone else is interested in anyone else about it all.) From Me, Good Fortune To All Good People.

• Greta is a privileged sock puppet.

• VIVA Greta Thunberg

• no one knows for sure 

• I *do* care very much about her economic background. It explains a lot. The upper echelons have always felt it's their duty to lecture those below them. The message changes, the manner does not. In a past age, she would have been telling us peasants about the evils of drink or how sinful we are all. The upper class has always been right and the proles have been wrong according to themselves. It's self-rationalisation for their privilege. That is why she continually pushes solutions which won't hurt rich people like her but do hurt the poor.

Anyway, she is clearly a front for others. She becomes utterly lost when she has no script. Look her up on Youtube. It is DESPICABLE that her handlers have used her autism as a shield from criticism. 

One of Prince Charles' family hobbies is to blast animals out of the air, so I'm taking no green lectures off that lot. His family should have been removed centuries ago as a feudal anachronism.

• I dont care about Greta's economic background. She is doing the right thing and I will support her. I likewise support Prince Charles efforts and all other people who are fighting to save the planet eg  Green Party, Greenpeace, WWF, birds people(RSPB), anglers, fishermen.

I am just particularily proud that it takes an autistic person to ram it into the politicians in a clear autistic way. She was at the point of death until her father and mother started to change their ways to be more environmental and take her seriously. 

VIVA Greta Thunberg

commons.wikimedia.org/.../File:Follow_Greta!_Strike_for_climate,_placard,_2018_(cropped).jpg

• yes your teleconferencing is completely correct.

trains should be subsidized (given same fuel tax break as aerofuel ).

i agree with more competitve electric car prices. 

charging points wont be so difficult. Every lamp post could have one.

home worker should be a legal requirement for anyone commuting in more then 10 miles.

all hail aidie. do as i say. NOW ! lol

• The solution will probably come in form of technological innovation. Have you noticed that most car advertisement on TV are now for electric? It will come to fruition at some point. I am afraid it might also come in a shape of artificial lab grown meat. Natural produce will become a luxury for the rich.

• One of these politicians produces more pollution in a single flight to a climate change conference than a car does in a year. Yet one person gets paid to do that out of public funds and the other ends up penalised. And the politician could do all that with teleconferencing while some work requires a vehicle (e.g. plumbing)

It's the same thing with cars. If they want people to use trains, then make them cheaper. If they want people to use electric cars, then don't just put up the price of ordinary cars, make electric cars competitive and supply charging points in remote areas.

• I have the idea that we all pollute our environment in many ways that are immediately dangerous, 

petrol chemicals nuclear leaks and other ways that will take time to become obvious like radio wave causing cancer and damaging DNA of all things in nature.

Not so often talked about GMO pollution which should be included in climate change but never is,

Water theft to feed huge farms like Avacardo farms in South America. 

But honestly the most hideously egregious is the dumping of waste into the sea.

All of these things are done buy giant corporation that are without impunity.

As everyday people we at most litter and drive cars and are subsequently taxed for this trespass. 

• And why do all these solutions seem to involve punishing the poor more than the rich, or even worse, various people jetting to Davos or other junkets. Something not right here.

Witness also the kid gloves Extinction Rebellion gets compared to other protest groups. 

• Greta's handlers use her autism as a shield for criticism of their programme. Shameful.Itis obvious she is a front, and a close examination of what XR wants includes a lot of things which will work against the working class. It is curious how much of a free pass XR gets off the British government compared to strikers or poll tax protesters, or even football fans. 

• First off, may I point out I think anthropogenic  (manmade) climate change is real. I emphasise the first part because climate change on its own is a ludicrous phrase.

However, it is clear that it is being used as a tool by rich people to continue to dictate to the poor, and to lower their standard of living by lumping on tariffs and so called carbon taxes onto their life expenses. Most of these carbon taxes are not progressive and hit the poor hardest. The monies raised do not help green causes much either.

A lot of the activists like Greta Thunberg come from upper or upper middle class backgrounds so do not understand true poverty. Putin, of all people, is one of the few world leaders to point out Thunberg is basically a front for other interests. They have used her youth, and more shamefully her autism, as a shield for criticism of their tactics and programme. When Thunberg goes off message it is very obvious she is lost, and her handlers don't like that.

• Where I live, environmental degradation is blindingly obvious.

• Beware I often have to sign off abruptly, sorry.

...Pfui. It is useful that I wrote *that*... I got two replies to two replies in before My device "crashed" and I had to restart 'n everything... so I am properly signing off, now. Some stuff is better than nothing - Thanks again and over to Aidie and Quilphoth so far.  Slight smile

• For me, I'm not having any kids, so my carbon footprint ends with me.  I feel this grants me licence

...Greetings "Qliphoth"... THIS IS ME as well. It should be a good thing for Your contributing to this, um, "climate change" "argument"... I honestly thought that it would turn into a bad scrap. But I see Your Point-of-view. We in 'civilised industry' cannot always escape acting 'civilised in industrial areas', something like that. We are often told off for using plastic and Cars, but We are often not offered a choice.

Thank You for being honest here (I really meant that this is like Me as well.)... I wait to see if/how this Thread might develop still. Thank You Very Much.

• Yay, Mr.Aidie, of the CAR Thread... You are My first reply, Yay! 

I figure a lot of misunderstanding or hate might occur, but I really wanted opnions from the "Autism" (i.e. telling the truth) point-of-view. So I tentatively began this Thread. I also have a different perspective --- I try to study "chemicals" at the level of their composition (i.e.C6H12O6)... but I am (not allowed to become) a qualified expert.

...But I know what I know and see what I see. The main "enemy" is the "ECONOMY"; and Oil, Gold, Wheat-Fields, Population... are the main generators of Money. To link all of these needs WWW and Cars/vehicles-Deforestation. All links rely upon Population to link to, which generates more Money (ECONOMY). This is the circle...

...A circle which misses out exactly what Money and Population and Food are made of. I began this Thread, wondering and sharing seemingly disparate thoughts about the whole thing... many persons who comment about "climate change" cannot associate all of the SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS together --- nyeeek!!

"Trees are worth more dead than alive" in the ECONOMY.

To reply to Your Good self... I did not know that that Greta person was Autistic. Thanks for telling Me... But I really did not want a Thread focussing upon just one matter/person alone.... but I had to start a Thread to find out how things would progress (much like Your marvellous Car Thread!)

Thanks again. Good Fortune as always.  Slight smile

• There are a lot of hard truths that we as a species are going to have to face up to.  Pretty much we're going to have to reverse the last few hundred years of industrialisation, or, one way or another, affect a dramatic reduction of the human population.  For me, I'm not having any kids, so my carbon footprint ends with me.  I feel this grants me licence to not give to much of a damn about global warming if I'm honest, and anyway, my impact as an individual is entirely negligible while you have developing nations bulldozing their crap straight into the ocean and polluting like there's no tomorrow.  I'll do my part of course, but I'm not going to feel bad about driving into town once a week to get my groceries or heating water for a shower each day.

• basically we have less than 20 years to start doing really significant changes ( stop using petrol diesel heating oil ) otherwise the weather patterns are going to change in ways I cant predict or stop. At same time we have to stop using plastic s much as we currently do because it is now in most if not all food chains.

Follow, support, and listen to the top aspie,,, Greta Thunberg