What Happens If Someone Tries A Discussion About "Ecology Versus Economy " ("Climate Change") Upon This Forum

Greetings, Anyone. I do not Post as Frequently as I used to. But this is a "Hot Topic" socially right now, but, a bit like CARS, no-one started a Thread about it.

My question is... the folly of "because One cannot see it, then it does no-one harm?"

...With regards to "Climate Change", this here WWW/Internet... & Electricity, Smartphones, Radiowaves, UHF, Mining Rare Minerals for said products, etc... All of this activity grows exponentially, just like the Population. Both are harmful in My Own opinion... but I am, um, 'insignificant'... so I was wondering about what anyone else's opinions about "Climate Change" are here in general.

(Beware I often have to sign off abruptly, sorry. But I post this and see if/how anyone else is interested in anyone else about it all.) From Me, Good Fortune To All Good People.

• It seems to me that this topic is too complicated for those who care only about their own comfort. For such people, ecology is not something fundamental. Those who do a little research on the subject know that everyone can contribute to saving the planet. It is enough to use eco-friendly bags, reduce plastic consumption or even sort garbage. But this does not exclude the fact that we must deal with it, especially during repairs, we need especially durable [removed by mod] Such bags are more durable, and you can count on the fact that everything you need will be disposed of.

• Bravo.  I totally agree.  I was a bit worried about reading a few comments but I think this is true.

• it's a spectrum thing. I have to check i've not offended anyone.  Keeping on the good side of other humans is difficult.

• (I reply to the reply not at myself!)

This is okay, do not worry... because I began the Thread, I keep warning to keep things polite so that the *dreaded NAS* does not censor it...!! I wrote below that I can agree with certain parts from everyone and the rest of the parts are learning for Me.

• I don't mean to come across as blunt or rude. I have strident opinions and that can be alienating for some.  (Just checking i've not upset you as i'm a friendly fella)

• I don't mean to come across as blunt or rude. I have strident opinions and that can be alienating for some.

• There are many ways to penalise poorer folk without hurting the rich much. It's like organic veg, posh folk have it all the time but the main reason a lot of folk don't buy it because they can't afford it. If you charge people more money for their gas bills, it doesn't hurt the rich who can afford to swop out their heating systems and boilers, but it does hurt poor people who have to choose between heating and eating.

...Hear Hear! (In agreement with that last post, there.)

(...I began this Thread... it really is turning into a long-needed thing. I keep upvoting and Thanking... Wow, this is all awesome. But I say again, try not to get too heated Anyone... and still no comments about "radiation" yet either?)

• Slight smile! (This is another digression! But Yes, Good-O ! WWW is being enforced upon all of us... even Me, whose devices are old (4 years) and crash and I have to sign in aaaagaaaaaain... just to write this reply! The latter parts of My reply were I hope written for ALL who read this to heed. I say that I am Thanking too much... Plastic so Yellow and Round and Bold! ThankYou,Thanks,Ta, Handshake, etc. etc. (!). Keep on being You and take it easy!) 

(I might regret posting this in the morning... but I miss certain other people who were also as STRONG + POLITE upon this Forum, and You stand up to SPAM/TROLLS, so I keep trying to say that I appreciate that. I had better end this now... I do not agree with everything said and am, as I said, sort of learning from a lot of it.)

• Smiley    I never get upset or angry on a forum - it's the internet - it's not real..   Smiley

• She isn't an adult, she's barely over sixteen. She can get married in Scotland (with the permission of her parents), but can no longer buy cigarettes there... 

• There are many ways to penalise poorer folk without hurting the rich much. It's like organic veg, posh folk have it all the time but the main reason a lot of folk don't buy it because they can't afford it. If you charge people more money for their gas bills, it doesn't hurt the rich who can afford to swop out their heating systems and boilers, but it does hurt poor people who have to choose between heating and eating.

• You think George Soros has that much power? One man? A Jewish man? Sounds like a ridiculous conspiracy theory to me, especially considering the fact there are many more people who are richer and more powerful than him. Bill Gates, Warren Buffett being two examples, who have at least ten times as much money than he does.

• ...Hi Mr.Plastic, You *are* always so strong, yet flexible and happy Slight smile...!   *ahem*... 

For this post I mean to say Thanks again (so often here, sorry if it gets a bit annoying to anyone!)... My only opposition to that Post is that I would say that it is not just "communism" - BUT - I do agree if You meant/used the word "communism" as a kind of Noun or Adjective, meaning it is a Communist trait used in Capitalist societies (ours) and in other societies as well...?

...In any case, I am glad someone else gets it. And this next is aimed at others reading also - please do not get too argumentative or angry, and if feeling so, take a breather for a bit and maybe come back when calm. I MUST SAY that had I known that that Greta-person would start such vehemence then I would have begun a separate Thread about that person as well as this one instead.

...But again I say, I am grateful for knowing the opinions of others, and so for how this Thread is so far. Everyone seems to have a little bit which I agree with, and a large bit which I could not know (factions, persons, technical terms), and that is why I am grateful for starting this.

I shall try to contribute when I can. But still nothing about the "Radiation" aspect I first suggested, hmmm...  

• ( ...To TinyExplorer... Again, Thanks. So many disparate things going on, so little *United* common sense...

Assuming that by "Caws" You mean "Cows" (!)... then I do understand this... it is simply "passing the buck" - or rather, blaming "Green House Gas Emission" upon something other than Human Overpopulation. It makes sense to do this in a sort of "sweep it under the carpet" way (i.e. in Industrial Society!)... but developing the TECH to do so creates more 'Processing', and that offsets what is saved by doing stuff to any Cows... so, yes I get this. It is a pity, really.

...In pollution - food cannot be grown in sufficient quantity to feed those who enlarge pollution. So ?blame the food, not the Overpopulation?...  something like that...)

• The thing is though mate. Who do you think Climate Change is going to hurt most? People without money or rich people?  You seen those pics of the flooding from Storm Ciara today?  Because it's mainly ordinary working class people stood around looking at flooded streets.  We're obsessed with class in this country.  Even to the point of cutting our noses off to spite are faces.  I don't doubt a large number of working class would agree with you but i they're wrong and all.  The mass of people can be wrong all the time. For example the majority of americans thought they'd been abducted by aliens at one point in the 90's.  Extinction Rebellion did get people talking about the issue more.  That's a good thing right?

• You need to understand the manipulation of the data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjZI0ceSBQ

• All people are occasionally wrong or right. One can disagree with the climate campaign. But it shouldn't involve the attacks on autism. Whether we agree or not, Greta is adult now, she has the right to autonomy of her body and mind. She is doing what she is doing out of free will, not because of others.

• It is more important to point out Greta is a rich girl, and her solutions are ones that rich people will be able to bear better than the poor people they are inflicted on. As people keep saying - and rightly in this case - if they are so serious about pollution, why not protest China? China's pollution is horrific and not subject to the same kinds of safeguards that developed countries are. Their manufacturing methods are highly polluting (and sometimes involve prison camp labour)... yet barely a squeak from her and her mates about the place.

• Of course they do. Every time she is criticised, her supporters say "but she is autistic." Here's the thing - autistic people often say things which are wrong. Autism doesn't make you automatically right. Manmade climate change is real, but Greta is just a shill for other people.

Shame on the people who exploit her autism for their own ends!!!

• I don't think anthropogenic climate change* is a fake, but I do think Greta Thunberg's media persona is an utter fake. And shame on the adults who have used an autistic child to shield their tactics from criticism!!!

* This is the correct phrase. "Climate change" has happened throughout the world's history. "Anthropogenic" is the manmade stuff.