What’s everyone doing this weekend?

I am in a caravan (week on holiday) currently watching match of the day (not my choice) with my 2 year old who won’t go to sleep! Earlier I went to Wroxham barns with my 5 year old and bought souvenirs in the gift shops, went in the animal farm part and had afternoon tea with my 5 year old. I just wondered what everyone else is doing this weekend? 

Parents
  • My weekend is set. Saturdays is go visit family the day. Sundays are get set for the coming week- washing, prepping food, baking weekly CAKE, shopping for supplies, spending time on a forum, daydreaming

If I had to watch MoTD, I'd have to leave :) 

• I hope all your family were ok when you visited them yesterday? Have to bake the weekly cake Slight smile MOTD was made much more tolerable by a good bottle of red Slight smile

• Yes thanks Kitsune. They are all good. I'm usually pretty quiet around them but lately I'm reporting back to them my weekly AS observations.
    Today's cake came out not bad- I have started adding Almond butter
    MOTD and wine. That'll work

• Good luck! With both family and cake! :-)

• Yeh. I'm offering up more info about myself now- will see how it goes

oooh! good idea with the butter. I'll try that. It's cake day today. More eggs/less butter day today :)

• No worries! I also struggle to relate to situations which I am not in myself. I think that listening and giving your attention to the person who is in pain are really good traits :-) Perhaps your family need to listen to you? We can only begin to start to understand and support another person if we listen to their experience.

If you want pockets of warm gloopy almond butter in cakes, I would suggest making cupcakes and after you have put the mixture into the cupcake cases but before you put them in the oven, put dollops of almond butter into the middle of the unbaked cupcakes. Works well with chocolate so should work with almond butter, hopefully!

• No worries! I also struggle to relate to situations which I am not in myself. I think that listening and giving your attention to the person who is in pain are really good traits :-) Perhaps your family need to listen to you? We can only begin to start to understand and support another person if we listen to their experience.

If you want pockets of warm gloopy almond butter in cakes, I would suggest making cupcakes and after you have put the mixture into the cupcake cases but before you put them in the oven, put dollops of almond butter into the middle of the unbaked cupcakes. Works well with chocolate so should work with almond butter, hopefully!

Children