Caption this #3

So, I thought that I’d revive my ‘caption this’ threads from a few months ago. I apologise if any pictures get recycled from the olds threads.

Basic rules: I post a silly picture, you post a caption and /or post another picture for myself and other people to caption. I’ll start you off with this. Have fun!

Parents
  • thus Cat Woman was born

• Interesting! I have been making my own recordings, because I find some people's way of making tapes sounds a bit  too contrived for my liking. But I have long known that i can bore myself into a trance. ;-) I play the recordings back on a set of headphones that have a card reader built into them. I started doing that because I realised that I have been lulling myself into a trance, on a daily basis, for most of my life. And I reckon that is true for most people. From what I've read, it seems the remaining 20% really only just need a slightly different technique or approach to take them into trance. It's very much a trial and error thing, but no great harm can be done by a bit of minor experimentation. It really doesn't matter if you send yourself to sleep with self-hypnosis. If you prepare a recording of your own voice, any suggestion you make on that recording will continue to play during your sleep, and could still have an impact on your future actions.In effect, such suggestions are still  interacting with your subconscious; and it isn't essential that you should have a conscious handle on every suggestion that your subconscious absorbs.

• done it for 5-6 years before moving into meditation.  most self hypnosis  is implemented  via a person taking u thru it ( guided hypnosis ). They talk u down into the hypnotic state, cover the work needed to be done eg anxiety reduction,then they talk u back out again ( walking back up stairs, are u are told to wake up ) . Some are used at bedtime whereby u go in the hypno state and them continue on into  normal sleep. 

I used them to reduce my anxiety and they did take the edge of my severe anxiety. 

meditation and self hypnosis i found to be quite similar as Senior moment has just said. Self hypnosis works in 80% of people . It may take 3/4 times before u get into the hypno state but ur first, like sex, can be life changing.

so try it. guided self hypnosis is easier than meditation in my experience. 

pure self hypnosis is where u talk urself into the hypno state ,do the work, and talk urself back out - I was able to do this a wee bit but the guided versions were so much easier just put on headphones and switch on ur device and lie on a bed !

tip : u must like the guides voice so try more than one.  

there are

relaxation hypnos

anti anxiety hypnos

anti depression

plus more 

• done it for 5-6 years before moving into meditation.  most self hypnosis  is implemented  via a person taking u thru it ( guided hypnosis ). They talk u down into the hypnotic state, cover the work needed to be done eg anxiety reduction,then they talk u back out again ( walking back up stairs, are u are told to wake up ) . Some are used at bedtime whereby u go in the hypno state and them continue on into  normal sleep. 

I used them to reduce my anxiety and they did take the edge of my severe anxiety. 

meditation and self hypnosis i found to be quite similar as Senior moment has just said. Self hypnosis works in 80% of people . It may take 3/4 times before u get into the hypno state but ur first, like sex, can be life changing.

so try it. guided self hypnosis is easier than meditation in my experience. 

pure self hypnosis is where u talk urself into the hypno state ,do the work, and talk urself back out - I was able to do this a wee bit but the guided versions were so much easier just put on headphones and switch on ur device and lie on a bed !

tip : u must like the guides voice so try more than one.  

there are

relaxation hypnos

anti anxiety hypnos

anti depression

plus more 

Children
  • Interesting! I have been making my own recordings, because I find some people's way of making tapes sounds a bit  too contrived for my liking. But I have long known that i can bore myself into a trance. ;-) I play the recordings back on a set of headphones that have a card reader built into them. I started doing that because I realised that I have been lulling myself into a trance, on a daily basis, for most of my life. And I reckon that is true for most people. From what I've read, it seems the remaining 20% really only just need a slightly different technique or approach to take them into trance. It's very much a trial and error thing, but no great harm can be done by a bit of minor experimentation. It really doesn't matter if you send yourself to sleep with self-hypnosis. If you prepare a recording of your own voice, any suggestion you make on that recording will continue to play during your sleep, and could still have an impact on your future actions.In effect, such suggestions are still  interacting with your subconscious; and it isn't essential that you should have a conscious handle on every suggestion that your subconscious absorbs.