Caption this #3

So, I thought that I’d revive my ‘caption this’ threads from a few months ago. I apologise if any pictures get recycled from the olds threads.

Basic rules: I post a silly picture, you post a caption and /or post another picture for myself and other people to caption. I’ll start you off with this. Have fun!

Parents Reply Children
  • Interesting! I have been making my own recordings, because I find some people's way of making tapes sounds a bit  too contrived for my liking. But I have long known that i can bore myself into a trance. ;-) I play the recordings back on a set of headphones that have a card reader built into them. I started doing that because I realised that I have been lulling myself into a trance, on a daily basis, for most of my life. And I reckon that is true for most people. From what I've read, it seems the remaining 20% really only just need a slightly different technique or approach to take them into trance. It's very much a trial and error thing, but no great harm can be done by a bit of minor experimentation. It really doesn't matter if you send yourself to sleep with self-hypnosis. If you prepare a recording of your own voice, any suggestion you make on that recording will continue to play during your sleep, and could still have an impact on your future actions.In effect, such suggestions are still  interacting with your subconscious; and it isn't essential that you should have a conscious handle on every suggestion that your subconscious absorbs.

• done it for 5-6 years before moving into meditation.  most self hypnosis  is implemented  via a person taking u thru it ( guided hypnosis ). They talk u down into the hypnotic state, cover the work needed to be done eg anxiety reduction,then they talk u back out again ( walking back up stairs, are u are told to wake up ) . Some are used at bedtime whereby u go in the hypno state and them continue on into  normal sleep. 

I used them to reduce my anxiety and they did take the edge of my severe anxiety. 

meditation and self hypnosis i found to be quite similar as Senior moment has just said. Self hypnosis works in 80% of people . It may take 3/4 times before u get into the hypno state but ur first, like sex, can be life changing.

so try it. guided self hypnosis is easier than meditation in my experience. 

pure self hypnosis is where u talk urself into the hypno state ,do the work, and talk urself back out - I was able to do this a wee bit but the guided versions were so much easier just put on headphones and switch on ur device and lie on a bed !

tip : u must like the guides voice so try more than one.  

there are

relaxation hypnos

anti anxiety hypnos

anti depression

plus more 

• Another way to think of it is rehearsal, in order to improve your chances of 'success'. Obviously that 'success' should be thought of in personal terms. And you tend to rehearse 'moves' in 'areas' where you have previously experienced some difficulties.

I'm skeptical myself. But I think it helps to be that way. You do sort of realise along the way that there are good reasons to believe in yourself, and in your own individual ways of doing things. I daresay some people would just think of it as positive thinking, but there seem to be many names for this sort of approach.

• No expert myself. You might just call it auto-suggestion whilst heading towards sleep. It uses a trance state that almost everyone experiences whilst heading towards deep sleep. But it can also be achieved thru' concentration on a single task; which is what I noticed myself doing on a very regular daily basis. The simplest question to your last question is basically that you eventually decide it is time to get back in touch with your wider environment.. There are more deliberate ways to leave a trance state, but if you have the time, you might just as well let things run their natural course. Its perils are really just those that anyone might experience, going about their normal work/lives. Guaranteed you are already doing it, anyway! Does that sound at all like mindfulness? I ask because that is something I have never investigated. You might even think of it as creative day-dreaming.

• How does self hypnosis work? How do you bring yourself out of self hypnosis?

• It's what one experienced hypnotherapist (not actually a member of the medical profession, but an 'artist') labelled the sort of very basic suggestion techniques that are carried out by people who are probably little more than 'showtime' hypnotists. It might do the trick, just about, but it is somewhat simplistic and not at all centered around the client and his/her needs and preferences. And the practitioner of 'band aid' might also be working with the notion of his/her controlling the process rather than guiding the client to enter trance at his/her own volition.

I don't think I'm really enough of a showman to ever be a stage hypnotist, a hypnotherapist of the artistic school, or a hypnotherapist with a medical science background. My present interest is self-hypnosis, but I think the artist hypnotherapist really does have something to offer self-practitioners, clients and medical-background hypnotherapists. In any case, I have found that workaday forms of meditation are probably the easiest way to 'relax' into your life. I tend to see hypnosis and meditation (and perhaps also mindfulness [I haven't experienced it}] as much the same thing. (And all of those 'systems', to me, also tend to point out the necessity for 'quality' sleep patterns.)

• ‘Band-Aid Hypnotherapy’ RoflRoflRofl

• I hope that’s not tax payers money they’re spending on that!

• Mr Emoticon was completely struck dumb by his first encounter with so-called Band-Aid Hypnotherapy.

• The one on the right is fairly familiar, but Ms Pistol-Whip is probably only on call for our supposedly NT MPs.

• Ooooh! You must know a lot of leather clad ladies then?!

• not the ladies i know