what kind of autism research would you do?

Suppose you have the funding and technical skills to carry out autism research (e.g., questionnaires, qualitative interviews, MRI, EEG, behavioural experiments, virtual reality, etc). What kind of research question would you like to ask? What autism question do you think is still not well known, and what would be your solution to solving it, or extend current knowledge?

Parents
  • I think relationships require genuine research with robust high quality science and ethics. There is some unethical pseudoscience without any scientific method, with unethical ableist spin floating around and causing psychological damage to autistic people and spreading prejudice.

A robustly designed research to explore whether / why autistic people are more likely to end up in abusive  co dependent relationships with narcissists and Borderline Personality Disordered spouses. When accusations are floating around, spouses need to be assessed and diagnosed as well.

There is also need for research for support - mental health, practical support, psychotherapy for families where partners and children are on the spectrum. To help the spouses and the family unit as whole to stay sane and connected. Not as a way to pull them apart in acrimonious damaging way, but as a preventative and supportive intervention, a service.

The 'total attachment' thing, families need it too.

https://network.autism.org.uk/knowledge/insight-opinion/safeguarding-and-total-attachment-interview-dr-celia-harbottle

• YaY, I’ve worked with Dr Harbottle and I’ve done several of her courses, she’s great, I really like her and I love her courses, it was nice to see her in this video as I haven’t seen her for a few years, it kind of makes me miss my old job. 

• Cool! I watched some of the video, and she seems to understand autism very well. Some of the things she says are really insightful, and I can relate a lot.

BlueRay, what kind of job were you doing before to be able to work with her? 

• Lone warrior it is Russian rubbish. Im plain English Blue Ray has either never been a qualified social worker or she could be a former part timer called Mary. She is a right doppelgänger for this person anyway. So to me she has become mad mary and that could be a whole new thread. Or a matter for investigation by the appropriate outside professionals. It is not good, but my Russian is just rubbish and means just that. I have left NAS anyway. No problem. I mean no harm, just deflecting misleading boasts of the one. Sorry. Maybe I’m a real troll, but someone has to do the job. 

• Lone warrior it is Russian rubbish. Im plain English Blue Ray has either never been a qualified social worker or she could be a former part timer called Mary. She is a right doppelgänger for this person anyway. So to me she has become mad mary and that could be a whole new thread. Or a matter for investigation by the appropriate outside professionals. It is not good, but my Russian is just rubbish and means just that. I have left NAS anyway. No problem. I mean no harm, just deflecting misleading boasts of the one. Sorry. Maybe I’m a real troll, but someone has to do the job. 

Children
No Data