British Museum

Way too many people. Queuing to have our bags searched was the worst part. But it was worth it!

Parents Reply
  • It's for work, so doing Skype type calls, delivering online workshops, writing, working on documents etc. It's not for gaming or anything but sometimes I have lots going on at one time so lots of files open that I flick through etc. That sort of thing 

Children
  • Thanks. I'm not ready to move on to an apple laptop yet. I possible will get one, but not just yet. And yeah, I don't want it too big as I do move about a lot (usually), obviously not while I'm in burnout. 

I've screenshot what you said so I can take that with ms when I go shopping 

• Trade-off more memory for less processor capacity - 8 GiB RAM may be a reasonable starting point.  You probably don't need a particularly powerful graphics processor - the integrated graphics in the CPU may well be enough.  You might prefer a larger screen, but limited by how much you are willing to lug about!  If you are patient you probably don't need a solid state disk (SSD).  Whichever you get, make sure you get an external hard drive so you can backup your data.

Laptops running Windows are cheaper than Apple laptops plus more "industry standard".  But the software you want to run will probably dictate that the most.  On the other hand, Apple laptops tend to be more shiny.