British Museum

Way too many people. Queuing to have our bags searched was the worst part. But it was worth it!

• File size might be too big. I crop my pictures a bit if they won't upload.

• Thanks, I’ll remember that for next time I go Thumbsup tone3

• I learned today that there is a back entrance to the British Museum which has a much shorter queue than the front entrance! Wish I'd known about that before my visit!

• I think we should start bombarding them with letters and emails etc asking for aspie friendly sessions ~ lets storm them Joy It would be great 

• If anyone hears about any "aspie friendly" museum or gallery events in greater london please let me know about them. 

I was hoping to visit the Klimt/Schiele exhibition at the Royal Academy but it would be way too crowded for me.

• I find fleeces great. Nice and soft. I always cut the labels out too. I can't recommend fleeces enough. I'm pretty bad with sensitivity to clothing.

I bought a Carhartt jacket on sale a few years ago, and the lining is amazing. The outside is tough as nails, but the inside is well, probably the softest thing ever. It makes velvet feel like 40- grit sandpaper. They've stopped stocking them now. Next time they come in I'll buy a couple. I really wish that more brands could use the same lining. I'm looking but I can't find anything quite like it.

• JoyJoyJoy That’s reassuring to know though ;) 

• you never know what you're going to come away with

Well, certainly no STD's..................Innocent

• Yeah me too, we can never have too much soothing. The more I learn about myself, the more I am creating the perfect environment for me, meaning the right clothes, soft blankets on my settees, the right lighting etc. I can’t wait to be living in my camper van so I have more the sounds of nature and less ‘house’ noises. 

Look after yourself. Gently does it as the real you arises :) 

• I am now buying specific clothes purely for the texture , stimming clothes, colour doesn’t matter, not even gender specific,, if it feels nice I buy it,, jumpers mainly, I have sensitive touch, I wear them around the house and sleep in them, 

glad you are adapting things for you, like you certain things feel horrible others I find soothing. Need a lot of that recently, 

Take care  x()x()x

• Great idea Eli ~ send them an email and tell them we’re coming so they need to make special nights for us Blush it would be great Thumbsup tone3 

• That’s amazing. I’ve never been to the British Museum. It would be great if such places offered night in the museum like twilight sessions that were Aspie friendly for lower lighting and quieter spaces. 

Below is a scene from the Bayeaux Tapestry. .... slightly meme’d ...but history is fascination not only as a study of the human state but also of its skill, inventiveness but also its endeavour and vanity :) 

• Thanks. I'm not ready to move on to an apple laptop yet. I possible will get one, but not just yet. And yeah, I don't want it too big as I do move about a lot (usually), obviously not while I'm in burnout. 

I've screenshot what you said so I can take that with ms when I go shopping 

• Trade-off more memory for less processor capacity - 8 GiB RAM may be a reasonable starting point.  You probably don't need a particularly powerful graphics processor - the integrated graphics in the CPU may well be enough.  You might prefer a larger screen, but limited by how much you are willing to lug about!  If you are patient you probably don't need a solid state disk (SSD).  Whichever you get, make sure you get an external hard drive so you can backup your data.

Laptops running Windows are cheaper than Apple laptops plus more "industry standard".  But the software you want to run will probably dictate that the most.  On the other hand, Apple laptops tend to be more shiny.

• It's for work, so doing Skype type calls, delivering online workshops, writing, working on documents etc. It's not for gaming or anything but sometimes I have lots going on at one time so lots of files open that I flick through etc. That sort of thing 

• Swimwear model sounds fab Ok hand tone4 I'm not sure I'd be keen on outdoor shoots in this weather though Laughing I think you should be the man that, when someone wants to buy something specific, you sell em something completely different ~ you would get a reputation and people will be like, I want a new tv but I'm going to see cloudy, because it's like Christmas every day with him, you never know what you're going to come away with JoyRoflStuck out tongue winking eye

• And if you’ve got any expertise on laptops, do you have any recommendations for laptops? 

What do you want it for?

• Yeah, definitely. New career move?

I was thinking of being a swimwear model to be honest, or joining a boy band.........Wink

...and especially considering I was after a laptop

I could go into schools and warn kids about "the dangers of buying Lenovo".

So many choices!

• ...and especially considering I was after a laptop JoyJoyJoyOk hand tone3