GCSE Product Design, Ideas to help people with Autism and Aspergers

Hello All!

My name is George, and I am a year 11 product design student . I have been given a mission to help people with a disability by making a product that would help people with that disability. I have chosen autism as I actually have hfa myself but everyone is different! So if you have any product suggestions then please comment!

Thank You Very Much!

Parents
  • Good luck with your project - What do you need to produce/deliver? A detailed idea or a fully functioning prototype? What skills do you have to put things toegether? What access to prototyping technology is available to you? 3D printer? Electronics construction? Programming skills? Raspberry Pi or Arduino?

It's a bit nebulous until we have some idea of the criteria.

• Hello!

We have a variety of CAD, both2d and 3D on tap for tgis project. In regard to manufacturing, we have 3D printers and laser cutters. We need to create several non functioning aesthetic only prototypes, followed by actual working ones.

Hope this helps!

• How about a stimming device - something you can hold that vibrates with different patterns and has a variable texture where the surfaces change from smooth to spikey or hot & cold - that makes gentle noises like a purring cat? A grid array of mini actuators drumming against a silicone surface with a heating pad or Peltier device - with an Arduino or similar driving it. It could be nice to hold or lean against. Could even pump warmed/cooled water through the pad. Air bubbles in the pumped water could add a random element. Water also transmits vibrations/music easily so there's ways to simplify the design.

• I wish you well with your project.

I hope it is a seamless one and that it doesn’t throw up to many difficulties.

It is a very good idea, could the light be made to assist in those who suffer from SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder.Just a suggestion and possibly to late to add to an already ongoing design prototype.

Good luck.

• I wish you well with your project.

I hope it is a seamless one and that it doesn’t throw up to many difficulties.

It is a very good idea, could the light be made to assist in those who suffer from SAD Seasonal Affective Disorder.Just a suggestion and possibly to late to add to an already ongoing design prototype.

Good luck.

Children
No Data