Pet photos

Where I live, I constantly see  people taking their  dogs walking.  Today I saw a new experience.

• I just don't understand how so many people think they're scary

Some people are scared of Cats. Some are scared of Dogs. Some are scared of Sharks, or Spiders, or Birds, or Fish, or Snakes, or Lizards, or...

...Hopefully you get what I mean, there? It is just the way of this Current Society, and I myself respect that.

If it can move, and is unpredictable, then it can hurt you, just like humans can (!).. If it has a mouth, then that means biting, and/or Poisoning. (That little fellow upon your hand, for instance, may have decided to eat you whole at any moment, you never know, and that is a very scary thought...!)

That is my own explanation for such Phobias, anyway. Sorry if the humour was inappropriate, yet the facts are true.   ...!    ;-)

• Haha, you're welcome XD I love my snakes so much. They are really calming to be around and make excellent and very low maintenance pets (get the enclosure perfect re. temperatures and humidity and feed once a week, you're set!). 

Also they live a long time (ball pythons can reach their 40s), don't smell or make loud noises, are incapable of damaging your furniture and give you pretty cast-off skins once a month or so that can be used in a variety of arts and crafts projects.

Objectively the best pets.

I just don't understand how so many people think they're scary. :P

• Greetings to Emma...

A bonus for this Thread, is how I see this --- pictures of Pet Snakes! Cuuute, sinuey, strong, always looking so curious, alert, and determined... and cuuuute! Thank You from myself at least, for Posting somethings which are rather less usual...!       :-D      :-)  

• Kingsnake pic didn't take- try again!

• Did somebody say pet photos? :P
    We have a bit of a menagerie- one cat (silver/cream patched tabby, my other half's)

Two rabbits (dwarf lops, mine)

A royal python (pastel, mine)

And the latest addition- baby San Luis Potosi kingsnake (mine)

Re. original photo, I wouldn't walk a cat on a collar lead- they could wriggle out of it in a nanosecond (or choke themselves panicking at something and trying to escape). Harnesses all the way. O_o

When I lived with my parents our 3 cats used to come walking with me on the field behind our house, but they came of their own accord so we didn't have any kind of leash for them. I had the old boy on a leash for a few trips but he didn't enjoy the walk as much and I stopped after a while- he was too decrepit to be safe coming along without one.

He was essentially blind- partly cataracts, partly a head injury he sustained before we got him (we rescued him off the street near our house, we think he'd been hit deliberately from the nature of the injury and his behaviour around humans carrying objects) and also had dementia so he'd often get lost and forget where he was- he even did it in the house. Used to go behind the sofa then forget how to get out and just meow until someone rescued him. Quite happy most of the time though, loved playing with toys more than the young pair and he could distinguish light and dark so he'd sit for ages in front of anything that glowed (the electric fire, the electric iron) and purr at it. Slight smile We gave him a good few years' retirement he wouldn't have had.

• Um... Thanks, I think? Yet as you know, I am not good at chat, especially against this kind of digression, I do apologise...

I shall Post here what I meant in anycase:

This is the previous Pet Photos Thread (Deleted User, 7 Months ago):

community.autism.org.uk/.../pet-photos

This is, um, my, Thread, for Photography and for Discussing Problems with Posting Pictures in general (Thank You to all who Posted here, of course.):

community.autism.org.uk/.../photography-and-pictures-and-pictures-disappearing-in-this-forum

...To Mr Robert, hopefully someone may come here and offer you more interesting banter than I have, here...? Thank You again...

• Which particular question?

As for my ex P U S S Y.   These are scanned photos taken in the 1980s. 

She arrived as a mature stray in 1980 and stayed with us till the end.

When my father was made redundant in 1980 I filled out all his benefit claim forms.  My mother prompted me. "What about the cat". So..... 

I filled the line.

Name:     Cat

Relationship to you:    Pet

Sex:.      Female

Date of Birth:.    When she first arrived.

Then six weeks later, blank versions of the same forms arrived by post to be filled out again.

My father went  to 'an expert' to complete them.  And he received considerably less money than before.

• Cuteness overload for myself...

...although Mr Math-Photographer Sir, you did not answer my question...?

• A few more of my 'EX'

She loved sleeping.

In my bed

• Photographs should be in JPEG Format, and under 800x800 Pixels in size. (If you have the Software, "Flatten" the image twice.) This is what I know, and <> what The WebPM says to do.
    My photos are usually larger than 800x800.

Okay! I stand corrected again, yet only to say:

Photographs should be in JPEG Format, OR under 800x800 Pixels in size.

...! 

And there are lots of other troubles, which was why I began the other Pictures Problems Thread...! I was not going to Post a Link to it here, yet, should I do that, I am asking you...? If so, I shall Post a Link there to This Thread as well...? (Thanks for Repying, & glad that you are well.)

• My photos are usually larger than 800x800.

The cat on the lead photos are 1200 on the longest side.

There are usually two ways of reducing the jpeg image to under 1MB.

1. Reduce the resolution.
    2. Apply higher compression

My favourite jpeg editor is faststone on a proper computer.  It's shareware.

This 1479x1379 and only 0.2MB

• Greetings Mr Robert123, and this is also a Post to all else who may read... If it is alright, I shall offer some disparate information here.

Photographs should be in JPEG Format, and under 800x800 Pixels in size. (If you have the Software, "Flatten" the image twice.) This is what I know, and <> what The WebPM says to do.

I am glad to see this Thread adopted as a new "Pet Photos" Thread, perhaps, for the old "Pet Photos" Thread would by now have many pictures slowly disappearing upon it. I am not allowed my own Pets, yet of course I like this Thread.

Lastly - Just Kitty-Cats so far! Totally Cuuuuute... *ahem* ... I mean to close by saying that, as far as Collars for Cats is concerned, the point is taken (that it is not a good idea) - but! - The reasons why Cats wear Collars... used to be before Chipping was invented, and also nowadays, if your Kitty is killing and giving you Dead Animals which you do not want (!), then the thing to be done is the putting of a Bell around their Neck. Flea Collars are a controversy which I do not intend to enter argument into, here. And some people like to "decorate" their Cats with a fancy Collar, etc. etc.

That is all from myself for this Post.

• Yes a Maine Coon, even though I don't believe the breed was recognised at the time.  She was very big!  And her fur was lovely to stroke.

By the way Hathor, the collar was a flea collar, not a collar to attach a lead to.  I suppose I could photoshop it out as it is a bit in the wrong place in the picture.

• Ooh, a cat shouldn't be in a collar. You can get harnesses for them and a friend of mine used to use an inverted dog muzzle on her cats when she took them out. They were FIV+ and so it was important they didn't go near other cats. Unlike HIV, FIV can be transmitted through the air so of course she was very careful. This cat seems happy enough but a collar can still be very dangerous. Cats are too small and fragile to make a collar wholly safe. Thanks for the pics, that's a beautiful cat. In return I'll share a pic of my mother's gorgeous rescue, Molly

• I absolutely dread anything happening to Daisy.  She's my closest living thing now.

• Another of my cats, this time 'Jura', a Siamese Torti Point.  Jura has also crossed the rainbow bridge, but she was also a lovely cat with a nice temprament

• A picture of Kelly, sadly no longer with me, but she was a beautiful cat with a lovely temprament. I took this when she was lying on a sheepskin and put a sheet which I painted as the background.  From a scanned negative, taken in 1982, a long time ago ....!

• Just to clarify!

This is not my cat!

I simply like his cat videos. He has a lot of them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LinusCatTips/videos

• Gorgeous kitty! That is a full Bengal!