My country is getting destroyed by England

Yesterday I was waiting for a train and someone walked in front of a train apparently. Delayed all the trains etc. man what a world truly. This country Scotland is a mess because of English imposed budget and funding cuts. So many days I see alcoholics and drug addicts on the streets it’s upsetting the damage that England is doing to my country. The sooner we leave England and create our own republic the better. I will see the day I am sure I will. I can’t wait. People walking in front of trains is not normal man. This cruel English government is really destroying us man. They just don’t let up at all. Then England is also full of right wing extremists like David Icke telling people that SNP wants to break apart Britain. Yes the SNP do want to do that and the sooner it happens the better! Break apart the union! I want my country to become a republic like Ireland. Enough is enough! We have had enough of English control and cuts to poor and needy people. England does nothing positive for Scotland. It’s like an abusive partner constantly hitting us with cuts. Man people are dying on the streets here in Scotland. England has cut funding to lots of support to autistic people across Britain and including Scotland. NAS you should really be campaigning for our rights as autistic people and should really be supporting Scotland becoming an independent republic too. Do away with Spectrum 10K too which is a eugenics programme created by a bunch of English professors who have never lived a day in the life of an autistic persons shoes. Why do they want my DNA? Probably so they can put it in a database and keep it there forever. I mean if a major autism study is coming out of England then yeh it just can’t be good can it? England doesn’t have a good track record of standing up for the poor, needy and ill. They won’t be getting my DNA and that’s for sure. The only person who will get my dna will be my partner to be and that’s it. 

Parents
  • You might find this interesting and/or informative:

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/scotland/2024/08/the-snp-has-spent-its-way-into-crisis

It's also worth keeping in mind that it's the Scottish government that makes decisions about spending in Scotland. For example:

"Autism Understanding Scotland (AUScot) has announced it will be closing its doors after the Scottish government cut its funding for autistic children’s services."

https://www.civilsociety.co.uk/news/autism-charity-announces-closure-following-government-funding-cut.html

• That’s because Scotland gets its funding from England which has been cut so the Scottish government is forced to cut services. 

• That  just isn’t true.

The Scottish govt’s funding comes from three sources:

• Scottish income tax

• The block grant from Westminster

• Borrowing by the Scottish govt

The block grant from Westminster had increased, not decreased.

The SNP govt’s problems stem from them overspending. As noted by the Scottish Fiscal Commission:

• £900m more on benefits than budgeted for, rising to £1.5bn a year in the next few years 

• A council tax freeze announced by Humza Yousaf at an SNP conference without even consulting his own ministers or asking the civil service how much it would cost

• Unbudgeted public sector pay rises

etc 

• Another point i intended to make in my first response on this thread about blaming "the English" is that Labour got a higher share of the vote in Scotland than it did in England. So there's a stronger case for saying that Scottish decisions are being imposed on England.

I work for a large American technology company that employs people all over the UK. I work every day with people from all over the UK. We are the same people. When you hear a politician or one of their followers trying to drive a wedge between English, Scots and Welsh people, know that they are liars and only doing it for their own benefit.

The title of this thread and many of the OPs statements are just pure ignorance and racism, of a kind that have been deliberately incited in Scotland by the SNP for the last 12 or 13 years. It really triggers me. Sorry if that annoyance has come across too strongly in my replies.

• Another point i intended to make in my first response on this thread about blaming "the English" is that Labour got a higher share of the vote in Scotland than it did in England. So there's a stronger case for saying that Scottish decisions are being imposed on England.

I work for a large American technology company that employs people all over the UK. I work every day with people from all over the UK. We are the same people. When you hear a politician or one of their followers trying to drive a wedge between English, Scots and Welsh people, know that they are liars and only doing it for their own benefit.

The title of this thread and many of the OPs statements are just pure ignorance and racism, of a kind that have been deliberately incited in Scotland by the SNP for the last 12 or 13 years. It really triggers me. Sorry if that annoyance has come across too strongly in my replies.

Children
No Data