Let off steam in here thread.

Do you get  angry?  I get angry.  A "friend" of mine is making me angry today.  If you get angry then this is  the thread to let off steam.  All those irritating NT's winding you up.  You'd like to bury them in a shallow grave wouldn't you?  *Hold on there is someone at the door*

*Sound of man being dragged away by White Coated individuals*

Parents
  • Anger is something I suppressed for years, definitely from adolescence until very recently. I actually thought this was a positive, not expressing anger, but during my latest psych ward stay I came to understand that internalising my distress, by accepting myself as a victim, actually did me serious harm. It’s something I’m still really struggling to express effectively but when done rationally and appropriately directed I’m discovering anger can actually be a positive thing 

• That sounds like i need a psych ward stay.  I hope to find a way to deal with my problems that is not as severe as that.

• I wouldn’t recommend this method lol. I was very fortunate this time to find a team some of whom were very helpful and passionate psych people who truly helped me, this is the only time this has happened though and back in the community my local mental health team are continuing their usual promise breaking and procrastination. Interestingly there was no correlation on the ward between seniority and contribution to my recovery, so for example both  the senior psychologist and one of the very junior HCA’s helped me enormously, but then the top psychiatrist and another of the HCAs expressed damaging and prejudiced views. I actively chose to engage with the people  who were trying to genuinely help me and stood up to the ill  treatment of those who were hindering my recovery. I still have problems as you’ve seen on a thread of mine earlier this evening but I am certain there will be no more suicide attempts now and that is a HUGE and transformational result. 

• I wouldn’t recommend this method lol. I was very fortunate this time to find a team some of whom were very helpful and passionate psych people who truly helped me, this is the only time this has happened though and back in the community my local mental health team are continuing their usual promise breaking and procrastination. Interestingly there was no correlation on the ward between seniority and contribution to my recovery, so for example both  the senior psychologist and one of the very junior HCA’s helped me enormously, but then the top psychiatrist and another of the HCAs expressed damaging and prejudiced views. I actively chose to engage with the people  who were trying to genuinely help me and stood up to the ill  treatment of those who were hindering my recovery. I still have problems as you’ve seen on a thread of mine earlier this evening but I am certain there will be no more suicide attempts now and that is a HUGE and transformational result. 

Children