Pain

I'm not sure if anyone else gets a lot of pain - I do and it's horrible. It's pretty much all day every day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep and most nights I wake up several times in pain. Lately it's been my arms, left leg and shoulders so I've avoided sport and doing too much.

I'm tempted to take painkillers but I don't know. I don't like taking any medication but the pains getting worse so I am tempted.

I'm oversensitive to a lot of things and pain is amongst it I think.

Do you have any tips that may help?

• I do need to have a look at some different ways of dealing with it like relaxation and yoga. I heard they're really useful but so far have never tried. I don't like taking pills so would rather something simpler to help me.

Hey Paige

Really sorry to hear that you’re in discomfort. I do get pain on and off. The best way of spotting a pattern would be to keep a diary and if you suspect it’s anxiety related jot down how you’re feeling in your mind when the pain isn’t great. Also you should check out Insight Timer app for some meditation, I do a healing body scan with David Ji. I only use the free ones. 2 people on here recommended it for me and it’s amazing…. I love it! 
    Have you tried Epsom salts in a bath?? They are great for relieving discomfort. 
    Hope some of that is useful and I hope you get some relief soon 

• I'm really sorry to hear that you're dealing with so much pain. It must be really tough. I understand not wanting to rely on medication, but sometimes it can offer relief when nothing else does. Have you considered trying CBD oil? It's helped me and others I know with managing pain. You might want to check out https://joyorganics.com/collections/usda-certified-cbd-oil-tinctures for their CBD products. And don't hesitate to explore other options like gentle stretching or relaxation techniques. Take care!

• Don't let the idea that youre being over sensitive stop you getting medical help, I have fybromyalgia and osteoarthritis, so I get about being in pain all the time, it's exhausting. Use the GP to get a diagnosis and then decide if you want to go down the route they've suggested. There are plenty of other options out there, but you do need to know what you're dealing with. One of the things I noticed was that once I was past menopause all sorts of things started hurting, I think women get told everything will be cured by going on the pill, having a baby or some kind of anti-depressants, you are more than a reproductive system, don't let them shove hormones at you unless you need them for something like Thyroid problems or similar.

• Hey there! I've found some relief through gentle exercises like yoga or swimming. Also, heat packs or warm baths might help ease the discomfort. I recommend visiting https://artikmed.com/back-braces/ for their braces - they have a wide range of them for different body parts. If you're considering painkillers, it's worth discussing it with a doc. Hang in there!

• Best to see your GP really if its constant and waking you up.  If you suffer from anxiety and stress that can tense muscles and cause pain, and working on reducing anxiety/stress can help - taking your mind off the pain can help, and managing thoughts about it also.  If you dwell on pain it can feel worse, and you might get more anxious and stressed and suffer more.  Mindfulness can help, but also just focussing on positive things or listening to music.  There are other causes though, so the GP is best.

• So was I. I never realized anxiety cause so many symptoms which you wouldn't really think was anxiety related.

But it's always better to get checked out just in case.

• Yes - I was surprised at the amount of physical symptoms that are associated with anxiety. It’s best to check that there isn’t another cause though - just in case. 

• Hello, I'm sorry you feeling pain. I would suggest getting in touch with your doctor so this can be properly investigated. I have generalized anxiety disorder and that causes me pain and discomfort most of the time, but it is properly diagnosed. 

It's better to get checked out just in case. I wish you well.

• Obviously I’m no expert but I think some of the places that you do get a lot of physical tension/pain from anxiety are the stomach, back/shoulders, chest and head. So perhaps anxiety may well be a factor for you? 
    I once tried acupuncture for anxiety and it was wonderful - I’d really recommend it. The problem is these things are so expensive. But if you have the funds for it it’s really worth a try. 

• I'm going to try relaxation like yoga and meditation first Slight smile

• Hopefully it's nothing serious..I feel it's probably just anxiety. I've suffered with it since my early teens.

• I will talk to my doctor next week if it's bad enough. 

I've got it today but it has eased so I don't feel nearly as bad. I think it's anxiety related as well but it can be really intense but then so can my anxiety. I'm sure it's caused by that.

Usually it's in my tummy, back, chest and head. When I've got it bad it's really disabling. 

I do need to have a look at some different ways of dealing with it like relaxation and yoga. I heard they're really useful but so far have never tried. I don't like taking pills so would rather something simpler to help me.

• Weed will take away the pain, safer than drugs from a pharmacy 

• Weed helps that the pain away.   Less dangerous than drugs from a pharmacy

• Pain is a signal in your nervous system that something may be wrong. It is an unpleasant feeling, such as a ***, tingle, sting, burn, or ache. Pain may be sharp or dull. It may come and go, or it may be constant. [Removed by Moderator]

• It might be worth speaking to your GP about this. I know that anxiety can cause a lot of muscle aches and pain etc though - could it be related to that? Does the pain come and go - or is it constant in certain places? Does anything trigger it?

painkillers are ok for short term use but it’s not a good idea to be taking them on a regular basis if you can avoid it. 
    some people have success with relaxation techniques, meditation, acupuncture and massage to help with pain.

• If it doesn't improve or gets worse I'll give her a call. I don't really like doctors they cause me lots of anxiety.

Nice to meet you by the way Daniel Slight smile

• I suggest contacting your doctor and report the pain getting worse, if it’s getting worse it’s possibly more than just pain. The sooner you can discover the cause of the increasing pain the better, especially if it’s disturbing your sleep.

• Sorry to hear that Disappointed

I hope it's not too bad for you x

• I'm getting to the fifty-something joint pain stage; before even turning 43. However, I have become as World-Wise as a fifty-something.