Pain

I'm not sure if anyone else gets a lot of pain - I do and it's horrible. It's pretty much all day every day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep and most nights I wake up several times in pain. Lately it's been my arms, left leg and shoulders so I've avoided sport and doing too much.

I'm tempted to take painkillers but I don't know. I don't like taking any medication but the pains getting worse so I am tempted.

I'm oversensitive to a lot of things and pain is amongst it I think.

Do you have any tips that may help?

Parents
  • Don't let the idea that youre being over sensitive stop you getting medical help, I have fybromyalgia and osteoarthritis, so I get about being in pain all the time, it's exhausting. Use the GP to get a diagnosis and then decide if you want to go down the route they've suggested. There are plenty of other options out there, but you do need to know what you're dealing with. One of the things I noticed was that once I was past menopause all sorts of things started hurting, I think women get told everything will be cured by going on the pill, having a baby or some kind of anti-depressants, you are more than a reproductive system, don't let them shove hormones at you unless you need them for something like Thyroid problems or similar.

• Don't let the idea that youre being over sensitive stop you getting medical help, I have fybromyalgia and osteoarthritis, so I get about being in pain all the time, it's exhausting. Use the GP to get a diagnosis and then decide if you want to go down the route they've suggested. There are plenty of other options out there, but you do need to know what you're dealing with. One of the things I noticed was that once I was past menopause all sorts of things started hurting, I think women get told everything will be cured by going on the pill, having a baby or some kind of anti-depressants, you are more than a reproductive system, don't let them shove hormones at you unless you need them for something like Thyroid problems or similar.

Children
No Data