Pain

I'm not sure if anyone else gets a lot of pain - I do and it's horrible. It's pretty much all day every day from when I wake up to when I go to sleep and most nights I wake up several times in pain. Lately it's been my arms, left leg and shoulders so I've avoided sport and doing too much.

I'm tempted to take painkillers but I don't know. I don't like taking any medication but the pains getting worse so I am tempted.

I'm oversensitive to a lot of things and pain is amongst it I think.

Do you have any tips that may help?

Parents
  • Best to see your GP really if its constant and waking you up.  If you suffer from anxiety and stress that can tense muscles and cause pain, and working on reducing anxiety/stress can help - taking your mind off the pain can help, and managing thoughts about it also.  If you dwell on pain it can feel worse, and you might get more anxious and stressed and suffer more.  Mindfulness can help, but also just focussing on positive things or listening to music.  There are other causes though, so the GP is best.

• Best to see your GP really if its constant and waking you up.  If you suffer from anxiety and stress that can tense muscles and cause pain, and working on reducing anxiety/stress can help - taking your mind off the pain can help, and managing thoughts about it also.  If you dwell on pain it can feel worse, and you might get more anxious and stressed and suffer more.  Mindfulness can help, but also just focussing on positive things or listening to music.  There are other causes though, so the GP is best.

Children
No Data