So frustrated

Hi

Had a screw-up in my care chain just before Christmas that left me without my main mood stabilizer for 5 days, and touched off a major depressive episode that sent me into a dangerous place, and has barely improved even after being back on that missing medication for almost a solid month.
So my prescriber got me on an intro dose of Latuda, and it has made a difference in my mental state but good GODDAMN, the nausea...I can't deal with it. It says "take with food," and so I do. I eat a solid meal and then wait a good 15 min before taking it, and then 5-10 minutes later, it's clammy, jittery, headachy, woozy, jaw-clenching, heart-burning, stomach-twisting, don't-touch-me-or-talk-to-me-or-look-at-me-too-hard-I'm-barely-keeping-it-together SICK feeling. And it drags on FOREVER.
I'm not sure what would happen if I just quit cold turkey; I've only been on it for about a week. I don't want to plunge back into the abyss, because that's never a good thing, but I'm a week out from a major event at work that I'm orchestrating, and I really need to be firing on all cylinders. Which, of course, I won't be if I'm feeling that sick, but damn, there's got to be a solution, right?
I'm going to contact my prescriber first thing tomorrow and see if they can give me some advice ahead of our next appointment, but in the meantime, I feel like garbage.

Parents
  • Hi , thank you for sharing with the online community. I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time with your medication. I was going to suggest you talk to your GP, but hopefully your prescriber has now advised on what's best to do.

Best wishes,

Anna Mod

• Hi , thank you for sharing with the online community. I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time with your medication. I was going to suggest you talk to your GP, but hopefully your prescriber has now advised on what's best to do.

Best wishes,

Anna Mod

Children
No Data