New and looking for friends

Hi all! I'm 21 years old, and I was diagnosed as autistic a few years ago.

I've been struggling to make new friends, since my current situation doesn't allow me to leave the house as often as I used to. So I'm trying this!

I'm a huge video game nerd, and I mostly play games that either have good stories, or games that have fun things to experiment with. My favorite game is Spiritfarer, but there are a lot of games in second place; to name a few, there's Portal 2, BioShock 1 and 2, The Sinking City, and Little Nightmares. In between playing bigger games, I like playing the Sims 4, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart 8.

I'm queer and out of the closet, and I love making art in all sorts of forms. Mostly, I either draw, paint, or sew.

If you have similar interests, I'd like to chat with you :)

• Hi there! 

Just wanted to say that Portal is my favorite game of all times. Glados and Wheatley are such smart characters and so so funny! Now that you made me think of them, I 'll have to replay! 

• Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've sewn a bunch of things, but my most common work is in customizing clothes and making cute bags. I've actually been thinking about a new skirt pattern, so that's something I might be doing soon. I admire that you work with embroidery; it seems like it takes a lot of patience.

What things do you paint? I haven't done many personal paintings recently, but I have done some commissions. Are you planning on doing any other crafts/art in your Art Room once it's done? Also, I relate to having a lot of materials. I now have maybe three or four art containers, and that's not even counting the bag full of scrap fabric Joy

• Hi Loki
    Funnily enough you are the second "Loki" I will be speaking to today Smiley

I too find it difficult with friendships, but mainly in RL. I think I do well online where I don't have to meet peeps face to face, & I can take my time in replying to messages. I also run a Guild in Elder Scrolls Online in which we have over several hundred peeps, many of who are good friends. Incidentally many of them relate to being Autistic / ADHD / Depression & a whole rage of other physical & mental conditions. My guild has become a safe haven for many which I have worked hard to build & has kept me sain. Gaming really saved me in many ways, & I very much understand the benefits. Gaming has stopped me from becoming completely isolated. I only go out to walk my doggo & I can go for days without speaking to anyone as I live in a remote place which suits me well. And when I am too ill to leave my home I can still get only most of the time.

I loved Portal 1 & 2, but I didn't find someone to play the two person scenario so I have that yet to complete. I hadn't heard of Spiritfarer so had to look it up. It looks like a beautiful game. I have Bioshock but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've play some of the original Sims but not much after that.
    More recently I've played Minecraft, Valheim, Monster Hunter & Enshrouded. But with the ESO expansion that came out recently, most of my time has been spent there. It's such a huge game & I love it! 

What kind of things do you sew? I am an Embroideress & Restorer by trade Slight smile I haven't done much recently as I became engrossed in learning how to Mosaic Crochet & Fair Isle knitting. I am also in the process of making my spare bedroom into an Art Room as I have so many materials & painting can get a bit messy.... well I am messy lol! Stuck out tongue

• Hi Loki welcome to the community Smile

I also like to play on video games and i have played on animal crossing, sims 4 and Mario kart