New and looking for friends

Hi all! I'm 21 years old, and I was diagnosed as autistic a few years ago.

I've been struggling to make new friends, since my current situation doesn't allow me to leave the house as often as I used to. So I'm trying this!

I'm a huge video game nerd, and I mostly play games that either have good stories, or games that have fun things to experiment with. My favorite game is Spiritfarer, but there are a lot of games in second place; to name a few, there's Portal 2, BioShock 1 and 2, The Sinking City, and Little Nightmares. In between playing bigger games, I like playing the Sims 4, Animal Crossing, and Mario Kart 8.

I'm queer and out of the closet, and I love making art in all sorts of forms. Mostly, I either draw, paint, or sew.

If you have similar interests, I'd like to chat with you :)

Parents
  • Hi Loki
    Funnily enough you are the second "Loki" I will be speaking to today Smiley

I too find it difficult with friendships, but mainly in RL. I think I do well online where I don't have to meet peeps face to face, & I can take my time in replying to messages. I also run a Guild in Elder Scrolls Online in which we have over several hundred peeps, many of who are good friends. Incidentally many of them relate to being Autistic / ADHD / Depression & a whole rage of other physical & mental conditions. My guild has become a safe haven for many which I have worked hard to build & has kept me sain. Gaming really saved me in many ways, & I very much understand the benefits. Gaming has stopped me from becoming completely isolated. I only go out to walk my doggo & I can go for days without speaking to anyone as I live in a remote place which suits me well. And when I am too ill to leave my home I can still get only most of the time.

I loved Portal 1 & 2, but I didn't find someone to play the two person scenario so I have that yet to complete. I hadn't heard of Spiritfarer so had to look it up. It looks like a beautiful game. I have Bioshock but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've play some of the original Sims but not much after that.
    More recently I've played Minecraft, Valheim, Monster Hunter & Enshrouded. But with the ESO expansion that came out recently, most of my time has been spent there. It's such a huge game & I love it! 

What kind of things do you sew? I am an Embroideress & Restorer by trade Slight smile I haven't done much recently as I became engrossed in learning how to Mosaic Crochet & Fair Isle knitting. I am also in the process of making my spare bedroom into an Art Room as I have so many materials & painting can get a bit messy.... well I am messy lol! Stuck out tongue

• Hi Loki
    Funnily enough you are the second "Loki" I will be speaking to today Smiley

I too find it difficult with friendships, but mainly in RL. I think I do well online where I don't have to meet peeps face to face, & I can take my time in replying to messages. I also run a Guild in Elder Scrolls Online in which we have over several hundred peeps, many of who are good friends. Incidentally many of them relate to being Autistic / ADHD / Depression & a whole rage of other physical & mental conditions. My guild has become a safe haven for many which I have worked hard to build & has kept me sain. Gaming really saved me in many ways, & I very much understand the benefits. Gaming has stopped me from becoming completely isolated. I only go out to walk my doggo & I can go for days without speaking to anyone as I live in a remote place which suits me well. And when I am too ill to leave my home I can still get only most of the time.

I loved Portal 1 & 2, but I didn't find someone to play the two person scenario so I have that yet to complete. I hadn't heard of Spiritfarer so had to look it up. It looks like a beautiful game. I have Bioshock but haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I've play some of the original Sims but not much after that.
    More recently I've played Minecraft, Valheim, Monster Hunter & Enshrouded. But with the ESO expansion that came out recently, most of my time has been spent there. It's such a huge game & I love it! 

What kind of things do you sew? I am an Embroideress & Restorer by trade Slight smile I haven't done much recently as I became engrossed in learning how to Mosaic Crochet & Fair Isle knitting. I am also in the process of making my spare bedroom into an Art Room as I have so many materials & painting can get a bit messy.... well I am messy lol! Stuck out tongue

Children
  • Hey, thanks for the reply!

I've sewn a bunch of things, but my most common work is in customizing clothes and making cute bags. I've actually been thinking about a new skirt pattern, so that's something I might be doing soon. I admire that you work with embroidery; it seems like it takes a lot of patience.

What things do you paint? I haven't done many personal paintings recently, but I have done some commissions. Are you planning on doing any other crafts/art in your Art Room once it's done? Also, I relate to having a lot of materials. I now have maybe three or four art containers, and that's not even counting the bag full of scrap fabric Joy