Weirdo seeks similarly weird people to chat to.

So I'm on the spectrum, it seems, and this might explain why I've struggled to make and keep friends all my life. In 55 and happily married but my NT wife, love her to bits, finds me hard going and it's good to talk to others who have similar brains. She calls me her "weirdo" sometimes and she's not wrong, I guess ND is a kind of weirdness and I don't mind the label. I guess I get intense at times, and I'm aloof at other times. I can be grumpy but mostly I'm very optimistic. 

I like books, art, films, writing and reading. I have no time for bigots or people who use the phrase "common sense '. I hope to get my novel finished this year. Lefty, parent of two teens, LGBT ally. Would love to chat if you're similarly weird. 

• This forum is unwieldy to use, and could do with an update, I don't use a mobile, partly because I dont' think my arms would be long enough for me to see it, lol.

• Oh sorry, didn't mean to sound dodgy or anything, I just find the forum style of conversation hard to follow, particularly on a mobile, but I shall persevere!

• I don't have any social media profiles, I'd not even heard of two of the sites you mention, discord and mastodon, what are like? I've been put off of social media by all the bullying, adverts and privacy issues. I'm also told many are quite right wing and not female friendly, thats not something I want to get into.

I probably don't have the tech or know how to use it either.

I've got to be honest, that I feel a bit wary of someone who sounds quite nice, but then wants to talk off site.

• Ah OK thanks. Good job I checked! 

• oh captain, my captain!

• If the social media profiles are shared on the forums, it will be removed by the moderators. It falls under Rule 2 (see link, which should open in a new window):

https://community.autism.org.uk/p/rules

• Will this boy has slept most of the day because he wore himself out last night after escaping the back garden in pursuit of a fox. We eventually caught up with him 2 streets away at nearly 1am.

• So is it OK to share social media profiles on here? I find the forum format here hard to keep up with and I'm happy to have more friends to talk to on Discord, Mastodon, Insta, X (ugh) or Threads. 

• Loving the pictures of the beautiful dogs!!! I'd have pets if I wasn't so bloody allergic to many things!!! They give love and attention which is hard to come by when everyone is so busy.  Does anyone else get frustrated when friends excuses for lack of contact is because they're "so busy."  To be fair though, they do work and have other things in their life but my rejection sensitive nature means I interpret "busy" as "you're not important to me."  

Oh yeah, I'm a 47 year old from Scotland into arts, crafts, nature, healthy living and other obsessions. :-)

• I say Carpe Diem a lot. I love Dead Poets Society! 

• Yeah the heat can be bad, but fortunately for my doggo we have no heat up here in Bonnie Scotland just now lol!
    We have just got home from a great walk though through ancient woodland & she went playing in her favourite burn Slight smile

• You know this conversation has already paid off, I've realised that I don't like complex, multi-layered plots, and therefore don't have to keep trying to read the booker prize nominees and other literary masterpieces... I've been struggling with The Book Thief and Cloud Cuckoo Land and I've just decided to DNF them! I like thought-provoking prose but if the plot's all over the place I'm not going to follow it. 

I hadn't actually realised this, not consciously, and this is good to know! 

• Yay, another woke liberal! I don't mind a certain amount of gore, if it's in context and not excessive.

If you like LOTR, then you may like David Eddings Belgariad series, Brian Bates, The Way of Wyrd.

Have you read any of Iain Banks's Sci Fi? I really loved The Player of Games.

You may like Phil Rickmans, Merilly Watkins series too.

• we are all learning as we go. that's the whole idea.

Carpe Diem!

and

Illegitimi non carborundum!!

• Hey. that all sounds familiar. I love non fiction about philosophy and strangeness, I really enjoyed The Information recently, and Islands of Abandonment. 

• Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll have a look at some of your recommendations. I'm not into blood and guts, more about people, psychology, philosophy and similar woke liberal nonsense Grin Fave books ever include Weaveworld by Clive Barker, LOTR, Catcher in the Rye, Iain Banks Whit, The Dice Man and several of Neil Gaiman's novels. 

• Hi, thanks for reaching out. I also need time alone not asleep, and I've started being OK with asserting myself about that. I play guitar and do Tai Chi in the garden now and don't give a f*** any morGrine! I just wish I had been more like this decades ago. Grin

• It's better if we called it common stupidity,  sense is very rare!

• Me: avoiding the party entirely - but a good time can be had by all here on the forum. welcome. I enjoyed your profile.

I am visual artist, love to write stories (sci fi) and easel painting in oils and some digital output - may take that back up with the new "affinity software after finishing a few short stories I hope to get into Clarksworld or Asimov's scifi, or the like.

Green party, deep ecology, Good to go 'round with most anyone as long as I get my 6 hours a day to myself (sleep don't count.).

XX presenting, 70yr old. Gender queer, she, her (trying out "ey, 'em, 'eir but only in the mirror).

I am in the middle of a project right now so not posting much with a 20 minute diet a day on the forum to make time for it. PM's I spend a bit more time at if you like

Happily singular, with a focus on works and friendships.