Hi :)

Hi :) 

I'm autistic. Unfortunately I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety pretty severely. A lot of passing out in stressful situations which can be embarrassing to say the least! I'm not very sociable I'd like to be but it's not something I'm capable of. No friends because of this and I don't really talk to my family I just can't talk properly I really struggle with it. I've thought of contacting NAS and seeking their help but I'm not sure I can cope. Even a little stress or change results in big waves of problems for me. So mostly I stay in my comfort zone and safe space, I take things one step at a time.

I find medical things really interesting. I'd love to be a doctor, not possible at the moment but who knows in the future I might be able to if I can better control my autism and anxiety. I live in hope.

I like music especially classic like Beethoven and Mozart. I enjoy a little tv and movies. But mostly I love to be in my garden with the flowers and listening to the birds. I love nature.

I feel I've said so much about myself here. Sorry! :) 

Parents
  • Hi Pru,

I can relate to (inappropriately) apologising!

Welcome fellow classical music lover!

My man is the great J S Bach though when I was younger 'twas Wagner and I wished to become a Wagnerian opera singer.

It turns out I am a Verdi baritone though it took decades to find out, my voice is ruined and it's likely too late and i am not in a position to flourish.

Do you musik yourself?

Sing or play any instruments?

I struggle with my speech also (stopping problems!) and so I'm currently mute!

I would not wish to be too wordy here to!

Greetings, salute and best wishes to you,

Jim

Jimberry and the Couscous (Youtuber)

• Hi Jim,

Thank you! Very nice to meet you! Love Bach. So good, so inspiring. I think classical music just reaches people, and of all ages as well. Really good. I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything you can do to help your voice like surgery or exercises? It's a shame that you can't do what you'd really love to do.

No I just love listening to music and enjoying it. I very rarely talk, too anxious and my throat is scarred after drinking something toxic when I was 19. So I don't sing either, it would sound horrible for sure! My talking voice is very faint and wheezy sounding now which adds to the anxiety.

Best wishes to you too Jim.

Xx

• Thanks Pru,

I sing when out walking. I have a very big voice and that is a problem. Everybody needs good neighbours.

I have uploaded a couple of recent tracks 'The Vagabond' and 'Bright is the ring of words' but the former is more about raising awareness of the reality of rough sleeping and the latter makes the title a misnomer from too many years excessive smoking.

I hope that you sing when you have the chance like in the shower hidden by the sound of the water.

Singing should be on the national curriculum. Parts of the brain fail to develop without music!

Maybe you could find a wood or an empty church or something so as not to be heard. It's liberating to be alone and let it all out. I used to walk down to the side of the M32 at 3am to be drowned out by the cars, but my neuropathy pain makes that problematic especially in winter!

Have a great day and thanks for your reply.

Jim

• Thanks Pru,

I sing when out walking. I have a very big voice and that is a problem. Everybody needs good neighbours.

I have uploaded a couple of recent tracks 'The Vagabond' and 'Bright is the ring of words' but the former is more about raising awareness of the reality of rough sleeping and the latter makes the title a misnomer from too many years excessive smoking.

I hope that you sing when you have the chance like in the shower hidden by the sound of the water.

Singing should be on the national curriculum. Parts of the brain fail to develop without music!

Maybe you could find a wood or an empty church or something so as not to be heard. It's liberating to be alone and let it all out. I used to walk down to the side of the M32 at 3am to be drowned out by the cars, but my neuropathy pain makes that problematic especially in winter!

Have a great day and thanks for your reply.

Jim

Children
No Data