Hello! I'm in need of a companion.

Hello, I'm 16 and I have autism and ADHD. I've been quite lonely for the past few weeks and I need a friend to keep me company.

I've been finding College really stressful because of the massive crowds of people I've never seen before and the really loud noise levels. I'm also scared of people possibly bullying me because I was bullied a lot in secondary school. I'm currently doing a course which puts me at home most of the week. I really enjoy drawing from my imagination and I would have hoped to do something like that at College but it's not working out at all.

When I'm at home, I usually play video games on either my Nintendo Switch and PC but, as you might have guessed, I've been playing single player a lot and it's impossible to keep on enjoying it alone. I like games like 'Minecraft' or 'Garry's Mod' where it allows you to experiment and create what you want. I would also like to share my drawings with others. I mostly draw imaginary characters which are human-shaped animals/creatures with differing personalities and traits.

I would really like to meet someone who accepts who I am because this is the first time I've really asked for a friend like this.

• You could get sorted for a good 6 year machine for a couple of grand (that's one year of saving £40 per week). Then if it became a business it could be 10 grand per year as a tax write off.

I have used OverClockers to build my machine and their after service is exceptional.

• At the moment I just have a shitty laptop. I don’t know how much more expensive an editing PC is to a gaming of though

• If you are a film maker I would have thought you own an editing computer, reputedly more powerful than a gaming computer.

• I’m currently wanting to get a gaming PC so that I can play with friends online easier. Maybe once I do that I’ll try to get into contact sometime

• join this Autism discord groups where  gaming is popular

• Just to assure you, I am not looking for a partner.

• If it is just a friend ill be a friend but not a partner.

• I'm not quitting the course. I'm just doing a different one to help me get ready for it called 'routes into college' involving making friends and improving my English skills due to me failing my exam completely.

I'm not really sure what help I'm getting involving deadlines. I guess they're just preparing me for when I eventually start facing them.

Other games I like playing are Garry's Mod, Portal, Totally Accurate Battle Simulator and the Half-Life games. If I were to do a speedrun of Minecraft (which I never would), I would end up with a compilation of fails that lasted the entire day. Speedruns are entertaining and interesting but I like the experience that a game provides much more.

• Sorry to hear that I hope that doesn't mean you're going to quit the course? I find deadlines hard as well, are you getting any help with that at college? I like creating things as well also like bedwars and watching people do speed runs on Minecraft. Is there any other games you like playing?

• Hi, Dale!  You must be quite brilliant if you're in college at age 16!  I'm in college as well but I do it online.  I couldn't do the on-campus experience and failed out at that attempt.  It's never too late to learn!  I hope you find some friends and have fun here!  

• I probably found school more stressful because of how linear everything was. I felt like I was doing horribly and that I wasn't capable due to being constantly bullied, the lack of proper help and everything having a deadline.

I would really benefit from having some close friends to help with my confidence and wellbeing. The course will have to wait until I'm ready for it.

What keeps me interested in Minecraft is the colossal amount of possibilities and ways to play it. I really enjoy creating things and Minecraft offers a ton of different ways to do that.

• Hi Dale have you been finding college more stressful than school? Noise is definitely an issue at college and trying to talk to people as well then makes it even more difficult. Are you hoping to make friends at college or going mainly for the course? I have played Minecraft but haven’t really got into it what keeps you interested in playing? 

• Hello Dale I'm Jessica and I'm 15

I'm lonely as well and I do like to play games such as Minecraft and also Lego games

Don't give up on your drawing I bet your amazing at it. You should stick at it and do what you love

I'm rubbish at drawing unfortunately

I hope you make some friends

• I'd love to see some of your artwork! Most of mine is still at school from GCSE though I have a few drawings I've been doing recently which I could show you if you want. (I've been mostly going through a creative writing phase the last few weeks...)

• I know exactly what you mean. I've always been quite protective of my artwork because I don't know what people might say about it and I've never been able to take criticism well. Speaking of which, I'd love to see your artwork and perhaps show you mine as well. If so, I'd be more comfortable doing it where it's just us two.

• I used to draw manga when I was younger as well, and illustrate my own stories. Usually I only draw my characters now when I can't be bothered to describe them. I'm very good at drawing things exactly as they are in real life because I'm very observant, but I hate being in an art class where everyone looks at my work and comments about it.

• Everyone here will "accept who you are", Dale.  I see you've already made some great connections in your own age group, which is an excellent result.   Lots of people have been lonely recently, not just because of autism or ADHD, but also because of the pandemic.  Online chat isn't a real substitute but it helps, right?  If you feel a bit down, get on here, and someone is sure to see your post and respond.  So glad you felt able to reach out.