Hi,my name's Jay,and 50.

Recently diagnosed as being on spectrum,now they saying maybe 'something like Autism' or ADHD(dont accept ADHD). Interests are Homer Simpson/Star Wars/electronic music

• Last convention i done was a local comic con about 5 yrs ago-met Sophie Aldred(nice lady,finally got a pic with her,tho got overexcited! Lol). Saw Sarah Sutton there aswell. Louise Jamieson there,but was pushed for time,a bit packed.

• Yeah - I still listen to Ultravox - epic sounds.     I'm a fan of Numan's Berserker - big and heavy - metal meets Moog.  Smiley

• He was a lovely guy. Yes, Liz Sladen, sadly missed. I bawled for a week when she died, but I never got the chance to meet her. That's a great story. My favourite stories were in his first season. Inferno, I can watch on loop. I would say he's my favourite incarnation. 

If only they could/would/did...

• Oh yeah,loved Numan's music in early 80's,not sure which is fave,like Complex alot. Visions In Blue-yeah like the extended version on Quartet. Think that album was underated.

• We do all the Comic Cons - got to meet lots of the Dr Who folk.      We also did the Farscape convention and my wife & daughter did the Supernatural convention.

• I used to do the Dr Who conventions in mid 90's. Some people starred in both. Not many originals left from star Wars or 60's/70's Dr Who's now. :(

• The repeats of Pertwee was earliest i remember,so think Tom Bakers was current one then. Met Jon Pertwee twice,and a few companions(Elisabeth Sladen my fave).

Love the Pertee one's like Day of The Daleks-the one's that are simple for me! Lol

Do the Tardis's take u anywhere? Lol

• We did the Star Wars celebration in 2007 - nothing wrong with nerding out.  Smiley

• I have a confession to make. I started watching Doctor Who in the early 70's with Jon Pertwee and I haven't missed a broadcast episode since (even the ones I didn't enjoy). It's one of my special interests. I have TARDISs all over my house! I went to the 50th Anniversary Celebration in London in 2013, and I've met a number of the actors from the series over the years. It's not usually something I talk about! 

• OMG - Ultravox - Visions in Blue.   Numan - early stuff - Cars & Friends Electric.   Musical history.

Dr Who - the best was Piper & Tennant.    Tom Baker was correctly odd  Smiley

Simpsons - King Size Homer and Deep Space Homer - and A Fish Called Selma.

• I remember the Cylons from Battlestar Galactica in the 80's. Their sound and design were really distinctive. I understand about the fatigue. I always manage to get at least 1 hour piano practice in per day, though it usually gets pushed to late in the evening when there are fewer distractions. I like to do at least 3-4 hours a day, but fatigue usually stops me; sometimes I drop off to sleep at the piano.  A musician friend of mine introduced me to the The Pomodoro Technique and this has helped me. For fun and enjoyment, I play as long as I want. And I'm always happy that I've done a minimum of practice, so I never feel guilty! I've let my guitar practice slip recently through lack of energy.

• Hi Mykal.

Maybe not just me that didnt like those eps 1-3 then! Lol

I just got a keyboard,but like most things fatigue stops me. Mine has vocoder-love vocoders(like the original Cylon sound/Transformers).

• Hi Plastic. Ultravox,Gary Numan(80's),Depeche Mode(violator and before),Visage,Human League. And Electro funk from 80's-Newcleus and Egyptian Lover.
    • Was into rave era up to 92.
    • Stuck in the 80's really! Lol
    • Vintage synthesisers-sounds good.
    • Used to mix music,do abit now,slowly trying to make own music,fatigue stops me.

As for Star Wars like most of it,incl last 3 and Rogure One(worst one's i thought were eps 1-3 cos of digital backgrounds!).

Also like Dr Who(60's-80's,not all of 80's tho!).

Like all Simpsons,particularly Homer focused one's!

• Hi, Jay. I'm 50 this year. Welcome to the forum. I have zero interest in cartoons, and no nothing about the Simpsons apart from everyone used to recite catchphrases from the show at one time. I did enjoy the first three star wars movies back in the 70's and 80's, but I found the ones after that to be too long-winded and self-indulgent. I've watched a couple of the very newest ones, and they were an improvement. I like music a lot and write and perform on the piano/keyboard.

• Hi Jay

I'm mid 50s and into (original) Star Wars and electronic music - I like the old BEF and Depeche Mode style but also the early 90s dance music - Prodigy etc.    I used to deal in vintage synthesisers - had hundreds of them.

Used to be into the Simpsons up to around season 7 - then they lost the plot.

What type of music is your thing?