Gaming

Hey everyone. Anyone play fortnite or any other games?

• Ohh right , thank you for the information. Yeah I think it will be something I build up to through the years and upgrade. Im not that familiar with pc so I appreciate the that, thanks Slight smile 

• Hey. Ohhh okay iv actually never heard of them before so that’s cool. I play a lot of action games ones with a story line that you have to follow I always find those ones cool. I’m wanting to start playing new ones that I haven’t heard of before. I had Xbox 360 then the PS4 when it came out which is what I play on now but for a while iv wanted to get and be more of a pc gamer. Slight smile

• If you are looking to get into PC Gaming, I would say not to for now.  The shortage of graphics cards caused by the idiots mining coins has caused everything to have gone up in price.  A mid range RTX will set you back a crazy amount of money presently.  CPUs arent much better in value.  Oh and stay off ebay, prices definitely arent good on there at present.

Best bet is to leave it a while until Nvidia works out how to stop people mining full stop and then we can get cards for reasonable prices.

At present its just not worth investing capital in unless you have money to burn.

• Hi Gracie, I'm a pc gamer. I'm obsessed with Vermintide II & just bought Bulder's Gate--although I'm not sure it's my style. What games are you into?

• ME series. I had a lot of fun with that one. Still enjoy a replay every once in a while - even the clunky first one with those lift loading screens and bloated inventory Grinning 

• I used to before I had children. Started off with an Atari, then Amiga (thank you to my aunt and uncle for introducing me to Monkey Island!) Played World of Warcraft with my husband for a few years. Mostly played ps2 and then Xbox. I got Mass Effect Andromeda when my daughter was a month old and I think I’ve managed to complete about 3 missions and she’s 4 now! Hopefully I’ll get a chance to play the remastered version of the original trilogy, loved that storyline. Also looking forward to the remastered final fantasy 7 if it ever makes it to Xbox!

• Oh right, I never new all of that. Thank for the info Ethan Slight smile

• A decent rig is superior to consoles (much, much cheaper if you build your own and can be upgraded in the future - although my PC is so old now the processor I can upgrade to is no longer sold!). Mods can tweak games, add new options which helps to get more playability out of titles. I'd also say there's more variety on PC if you're looking for some off the wall/experimental titles. 

Plus there's plenty of interest in older games so some publishers issue re-releases for them to work on modern platforms if retro is your thing. 

Having said that - because of the mind boggling amount of PC configurations there are those instances when certain things don't work or some configurable options aren't there as standard (why folk still release stuff where I can't reconfigure the keys is beyond me). Part of the reason for my waning interest, as well as never seeming to have enough time,  is the time and effort spent in rummaging around in configuration files to get some things to work - that stopped being fun some time ago.

• Ohh that’s cool. Iv been wanting a pc for a while. Are they worth it for gaming? 

• I do some retro gaming (which quietens down a busy mind). I keep thinking about upgrading my PC but then I'm more of a casual gamer these days and have enough in my library to scratch the itch without getting anything next gen. My interest in a game tends to last about a week before it tails off.

Playing Id's Rage at the moment which I got on sale ages ago. Anything 4x does get my attention (Civilization is a favorite, 5 is probably the one I'm most comfortable with) but I don't have the time to invest in the new stuff. 

• Ohh cool. I was planning to get cyberpunk but the reviews put me off. & yeah that’s understandable that you have more important priorities:) 

• Online, not really anymore.  I used to play Counter Strike from original CS 1.5 starting about 20 years ago, through to Source.  I have the new one but I found it boring (and full of wallhackers).  Played Urban Terror and most of the Quake games online, some of it competitively and was in a lot of clans back then, also made a lot of game maps for them, long ago. 

Nowadays I prefer single player games.  Outer Worlds, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Assassins Creed Odyssey.  I have Cyberpunk, but haven't really got into it, but its visually stunning.

A late I have less time for playing games.  I have a lot of other things to juggle that consume my time and are far more important.

• Nice talking to you too. Innocent

• well done you  Slight smile   I have to go now,,,,  It was nice chatting to you.  You sound so gentle and kind not the killer type at all Slight smile

• A lot of the people I have on there don’t have headsets but i have just bought one to come soon just so I have it. I don’t always like to talk to people on there. Yeah I win, I’d say I’m kinda good lol

• sounds cool,,,,  do u talk to others/your friends as you are playing via a headset ?

do you win ?

• Well you get a range of combos you can put together depending on if you have bought skins. You can either have a chiller game with your friends or be competitive. There’s a lot of different modes you can choose & the story lines make the game more exciting. 

• if you where trying to persuade me to play battle royale what would yo say are he good things I would get out of it ? 

For example in Chess I am learning to think ahead before I make a move. I am always trying to work out what my opponent is up to.

• I play battle royale 

• which version of fortnite do you play ?